+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone and Vodafone

is a discussion within the

Other Carriers (Not ATT or T-Mobile)

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hey All.. After a great response to my previous post I am now the VERY proud owner of and unlocked iPhone using a Vodafone sim card here in the Uk.
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iPhone and Vodafone
    Hey All..

After a great response to my previous post I am now the VERY proud owner of and unlocked iPhone using a Vodafone sim card here in the Uk. All the features seem to work not too bad except for EDGE which obviously doesnt work with the cingular/AT&T settings in the phone. I just wondered if anyone knew of a way around this as it won't let me send picture messages either. Another thing that I noticed wasnt quite right was that all my prefixed +44 numbers (instead of 0 prefixed as I am abroad a lot) didn;t recognise incoming calls....instead of +447986*** it came up 07986** which is a bot of pain. Would love any help on either of these. Thanks again to the guy who posted the inks on the liast post...it was really easy.
    Cheers..

~RICKY

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Hi Ricky: check out this link for the settings http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/show...+gprs+settings
    you need to go to settings / General / Network / Edge and then put in the details.....

\hope this helps.
    Nick

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jsynick For This Useful Post:

djtomkins (01-12-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi Nick..

You're a legend...worked a treat. Hope it doesn't cost too much. How would I check that? Any idea? Thanks again bud...
    Huge help.

~RICKY

Hey all..

with regard to the above I have just found this site
    http://home2.btconnect.com/Taniwha/gprs.html
    which has a list of all the networks in most countries and their GPRS/EDGE settings.It worked great for me in the UK with Vodafone.

~R
    Last edited by RickyGray; 09-15-2007 at 02:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Hi Ricky: glad it worked.... re the monitoring of what you've spent, not sure if they have a method that displays the cost and duraion... but you could manually do it or keep an eye on it by going settings/Usage. Under edge it will tell you sent / recived data - if you know the price structure with Vodafone then u can work it out from there.

hope it helps,

Nick

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Just jumping on this thread here. I'm really interested to see how much data you use. I've just picked one of these up in the UK too and intend to use my O2 SIM in it. I was going to just get a 200MB data bandle put on my line but I want to make sure it's not too little!!!!

Any stats appreciated!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by macmonkey View Post
    Just jumping on this thread here. I'm really interested to see how much data you use. I've just picked one of these up in the UK too and intend to use my O2 SIM in it. I was going to just get a 200MB data bandle put on my line but I want to make sure it's not too little!!!!

Any stats appreciated!
    I applied that bolt-on today on my O2 PAYG sim and so far i can't get it to work. O2 are very unhelpful as they know i have an iPhone. I was even told this will not work on an iPhone. Will contact you if i find a solution to this problem.

Regards Simon

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,275 Times in 652 Posts

carrier question? moved to correct forum

Help us help you. Please respect our site by posting in the correct forums in the future.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

vodafone uk EDGE setting

internet
    web
    web

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ok, guys. I gotta know, what version software on the phone and was it bought in the uk. I have a usa 1.0.2 iphone unlocked. bought in the states. works awesome, tried my att and orange sim while in the states, they both worked fine... NOW when i came back to the uk, the orange sim doesnt work...any help would be awesome..?
    thx
    Last edited by noall666; 12-19-2007 at 05:11 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

How do you input these settings into fw 1.1.2 for vodafone? to get the edge network