+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.3 02 Edge/Gprs PAYG Fix

is a discussion within the

Other Carriers (Not ATT or T-Mobile)

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Has anybody got gprs/edge working on a 1.1.3 phone? i had them working on 1.1.2 by swapping out the carrier.plist, but since the update i cannot get gprs/edge working. I
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default 1.1.3 02 Edge/Gprs PAYG Fix
    Has anybody got gprs/edge working on a 1.1.3 phone? i had them working on 1.1.2 by swapping out the carrier.plist, but since the update i cannot get gprs/edge working.

I have gone through so many threads to try and find and answer, but can not see one.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I was also wondering this! I've been holding off upgrading to 1.13 because I'm not sure if its worth the issues as my 1.12 works fine and i dont think 1.13 gains much at the moment, at least untill SDK apps start to appear!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default edge after 1.1.3 update
    if you go to installer, install and run the official devteam 1.1.3 update/jailbreak and when it asks if you want to make a restore (recommended) SAY NO. then when everything finishes you will still have all yor music and settings with all the 1.1.3 new features

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    found the fix, for anybody who still needs it:

http://modmyi.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=2128

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to spacedoutmoomin For This Useful Post:

Brownie2k (06-19-2008), dale1v (02-11-2008), redeyez69 (03-07-2008)

Thanks

Wow, just what I was looking for, thanks for that.
    Totally forgot that it was var/mobile/ not var/root
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spacedoutmoomin View Post
    found the fix, for anybody who still needs it:

http://modmyi.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=2128
    Noticed the file read )2 fix and seems liike its a pay as you go fix. Will this work for everyone? The issue I am having is there is no edge setting under settings>network>edge (edge just isnt an option) so I have no place to enter my APN as I did before in 1.1.2

I am on tmobile USA and used the newest ziphone jailbreak activate unlock method
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks

is there a fix for 1.0.2 users like me? Lol or will this fix work? And is it full gprs/edge support on payg?

thanks.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Will this fix help me get better reception on 1.1.3, ever since i updated reception has been terrible and spotty

thanks all

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iphonestu View Post
    is there a fix for 1.0.2 users like me? Lol or will this fix work? And is it full gprs/edge support on payg?

thanks.
    There is the 1.0.2/1.1.1 fix on this site, look around on this section and you will find it. O2 PAYG customers do not receive full EDGE, join an O2 contract and you'll get it.

Quote Originally Posted by dallasnights View Post
    Will this fix help me get better reception on 1.1.3, ever since i updated reception has been terrible and spotty

thanks all
    No it won't, upgrade your baseband; add installer.iClarified.com to your sources.
    Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    Noticed the file read )2 fix and seems liike its a pay as you go fix. Will this work for everyone? The issue I am having is there is no edge setting under settings>network>edge (edge just isnt an option) so I have no place to enter my APN as I did before in 1.1.2

I am on tmobile USA and used the newest ziphone jailbreak activate unlock method
    No, O2 PAYG only.
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

jum
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Did you by any chance have your EDGE services disabled before using the Services.app?
    I had and found that in the EDGE network settings, the apn was set to DISABLED (I guess that's what Services.app did).
    I emptied the string and got a connection afterwards.

The file in question is /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/preferences.plist

and the value is at NetworkServices/<GUID>/com.apple.CommCenter/Setup/apn

where <GUID> is the network service GUID, which probably differs from phone to phone. You'll need to check each entry in the NetworkServices dictionary...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Its been bugging me since i phoned o2 when they told me edge wasnt available on payg.I still wasnt convinced, until i was in an edge area and youtube etc was working and was surprisingly quick at downloading!! When im connected to gprs in youtube it says something like "only edge or wi-fi." This leads me to believe it is edge! i did a speed test in the edge area and got something ridiculous like 1700 KB/s-which is obviously inaccurate... So its still inconclusive...

Can anyone else get youtube working on payg edge?

Does anyone know if o2 payg customers actually get edge?