+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: No Voicemail Notification. Please Help

is a discussion within the

Other Carriers (Not ATT or T-Mobile)

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi, I just realized that I havent been getting voicemails since i got my phone but quickly realized that i had to go through some sequence of numbers to get
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default No Voicemail Notification. Please Help
    Hi,

I just realized that I havent been getting voicemails since i got my phone but quickly realized that i had to go through some sequence of numbers to get the phone to foward to my voicemail after x amount of time. My problem is I dont get a notice that i have a voicemail.

I am currently on Fido in Toronto, Canada.

Anyone out there have this problem or know how to fix it? if i call fido they wont even talk to me so i wont bother.

another odd thing is that my phone doesnt say "Fido" as the carrier, it says "rogers wireless"

Thanks

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by phuk View Post
    Hi,

I just realized that I havent been getting voicemails since i got my phone but quickly realized that i had to go through some sequence of numbers to get the phone to foward to my voicemail after x amount of time. My problem is I dont get a notice that i have a voicemail.

I am currently on Fido in Toronto, Canada.

Anyone out there have this problem or know how to fix it? if i call fido they wont even talk to me so i wont bother.

another odd thing is that my phone doesnt say "Fido" as the carrier, it says "rogers wireless"

Thanks
    What do you mean by notification? Do you mean the txt box you get about voicemail? Or do you mean the red badge that appears on the phone if someone leaves you voicemail?

If it is the latter one, FW 1.1.2 fixes this issue. If you are on 1.1.1 and earlier, run the SMS Fix from the installer.app and that might fix it (some people have reported that it fixed this issue along with SMS). OR you can also try a newer SIM card.
    1.1.2FW w/ 4.02.13_G Baseband. Rock Solid!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sony311 For This Useful Post:

phuk (12-19-2007)

Thanks

As Rogers owns Fido, you'll likely get "Rogers Wireless" while in the city. If you're in an area that has Fido towers but not Rogers towers, you'll get "Fido". Just get MiM from the installer and make the text anything you want.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

Thanks

I posted a guide some time back, try this it will help you to get a close to visual voicemail as you can on an unlocked iphone

http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19794

post in that thread if it helps, it will keep it alive for others to read
    Last edited by ericidle; 12-19-2007 at 01:00 PM.
    Eric's iPhone 4 4.01 offically unlocked

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Both,

I do not get a txt box about a voicemail? Nor do i get a red badge saying someone left a voicemail?

Okay I get the text now after doing this:
    *004*3436# <press call>
    (this resets all conditional forwarding to fido)
    **61*3436**20# <press call>
    (this sets the ring delay for unanswered calls to 20 seconds)

and installing SMS Fix. (Thanks Sony 311)

Does anyone know if its possible to have the red circle work along with the txt's? I mean its a matter of an icon showing. My old Razr used to have a mail icon if i had a voicemail.
    Last edited by phuk; 12-19-2007 at 02:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have a 1.1.2 OTB, activated and using StealthSim. I cannot receive any VM notificaito neither. Not a red dot, nor a text message. Thoughts?

Additional Info - I'm on Rogers with a Series 4000 SIM card.
    Last edited by yphish; 01-08-2008 at 07:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I am also not able to get the red badge to show saying that I have voicemail. Only after a full reset will the voicemail badge become lit? Any suggestions? I am on 1.1.1 and using the Rogers Network in Toronto.

I just upgraded to 1.1.2 and now get both the SMS from ROGERS along with the notification on my iphone voice mail badge.

Cheers,

MATTIGEE
    Last edited by mattigee; 01-16-2008 at 09:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i have that prob with the voice mail too.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I realize this is a very old thread but I am on At&t unlocked using a regular data plan and i get no indication when people leave me a voicemail. the *5005*86*number# hack flashes please wait for a split second and then nothing.