+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Voicemail Notification and Call Divert on o2 unlocked (will work for others)

is a discussion within the

Other Carriers (Not ATT or T-Mobile)

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
The guide was written for people with no visual voice mail (VVM) becuse they were using an unlocked phone with a carrier who didnt offer VVM. The guide will give
    Thanks

The guide was written for people with no visual voice mail (VVM) becuse they were using an unlocked phone with a carrier who didnt offer VVM. The guide will give you the steps to achieve proper voice mail (VM) notification and red dots as per the screen shots I posted. I tested it on 1.1.1 but others have said it works on 1.0.2.

The SMSFix app effectively puts the latest 1.1.2 phone functions on your 1.1.1 or 1.0.2 phone which has partial fixes for some of the early short commings of the iphone and the code numbers do the rest. But for true visual voice mail you need to be using a an Apple/ATT or O2 contract and use another fix posted elsewhere to repair VVM damaged by jailbreak, it involved SSH into the iphone and running some unix comands so make sure you are confident with that before trying. if you cant find the guide for that PM me and I'll try to help

Of course you may be happy with the VM notifications that this guide will give you instead of VVM so why not give it a try

Good Luck
    Last edited by ericidle; 01-14-2008 at 10:51 AM.
    Eric's iPhone 4 4.01 offically unlocked

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

For anyone else in the UK, I can report that SMS Fix seemed to work fine with a 1.1.1 phone using an Orange Sim card and has resolved the 'red dot' voicemail notification issue. Orange also doesn't seem to have any of the problems accessing voicemail reported with O2 and works well on Edge, even with a 'Pay as you go' Sim (which makes me wonder whether there a thread on modmyi that compares Orange and 02 in the UK)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Does this work for AT&T in US

Does this set up give you virtual voice mail?

Thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fast_car View Post
    Does this work for AT&T in US

Does this set up give you virtual voice mail?

Thanks
    It works on any service provider as long as you know the access code to replace 901 with, But it does not give you VVM only VM notification. Read two posts above yours

Cheers
    Last edited by ericidle; 01-24-2008 at 12:28 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    How do you keep the voicemail number but disactivate the call diverts? Anyone knows the code?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by phirvonen View Post
    How do you keep the voicemail number but disactivate the call diverts? Anyone knows the code?
    I'm not sure what your after here,

if you deactivate diverts then no calls will be passed to voicemail, can you explain what your problem is in more detail?

Cheers

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ericidle For This Useful Post:

phirvonen (01-24-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ericidle View Post
    I'm not sure what your after here,

if you deactivate diverts then no calls will be passed to voicemail, can you explain what your problem is in more detail?

Cheers
    Yes, maybe this helps: I just got a Nokia E61i as my business phone, this is because I didn't manage to find a proper (free) Exchange sync tool for my iPhones Calendar and Contacts, the Exchange-IMAP support workde fine.

So, now I'm using DualSIM service i.e. both phones have the same number and they receive same calls simultaneously. BUT: 'Cause I've activated the call diverts from iPhone, whenever the iPhone's off, the other phone doesn't get the calls either - they are just redirected to my voicemail. I don't want to carry the both phones around and I don't want to risk the fact that iPhone runs out of power while I'm working at the office or so and thus missing an important call.

The best thing would be to find a proper Exchange Calendar/Contacts sync via GPRS for my beloved iPhone, but while that's not around, I need this info. Does this help? Cheers for asking!

Thanks

Hi

What i'd suggest it to try the following.

Activate call forwarding to another number before you turn your iphone off, I assume by using a dual SIM the E61i will have another number that it aslo recieves.

settings>phone>call forwarding:

But remember to deactivate call forwarding again when you switch on the iphone or it will not ring.

I hope this helps

have you seen this app?
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthr...light=contacts

cheers
    Last edited by ericidle; 01-24-2008 at 10:55 AM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ericidle For This Useful Post:

phirvonen (01-24-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Hi

What i'd suggest it to try the following.

Activate call forwarding to another number before you turn your iphone off, I assume by using a dual SIM the E61i will have another number that it aslo recieves.

settings>phone>call forwarding:

But remember to deactivate call forwarding again when you switch on the iphone or it will not ring.

I hope this helps

have you seen this app?
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthr...light=contacts

cheers
    Yes! That's the answer - call forwarding!! Sometimes when you just start to think something all over and over again, you go in to a track that's hard to leave without someone pulling you out.. Thanks for this one!

Yeah, I've seen that app, but didn't work with our Exchange 2003 (or 2004) server. There's also another benefit using the E61: It's far more easy to use as a bluetooth modem, and it's satisfyingly fast. I tend to do business in varying locations and it's VERY easy to use it. Just connect it and our network database loads quite fast.

That's something I haven't understood from Apple regarding the iPhone: Nokia is much better and easier with Mac computers as a modem. Sure, I've read the tethering threads, (but not lately), but still E61 is SO much easier. And on top of all: It's the 3G thing I prefer. Ok, thanks again a million! If (=when) you hear anything useful/new, let the rest of us know.. Take care!

Green Apple
    Thanks

OK, finally got a proper fix and here is the info I've gathered from numerous sources and sites, thanks to all those posters and the help they have given me in getting my O2, 1.1.1 phone working as it should.

I'm sure many of you know this but there are just as many who still dont, this mail is intended to help them.

Assuming you have 1.1.1 unlocked here is what you have to do for a fully working VM on O2 (everything except visual, the ability to select the order)

To get have the ability to recieve text messages from short form text senders (Voice Mail, Bank's, Skype etc):
    Download and install "SMS Fix" from http://i.unlock.no via installer

To activate and set your voicemail button in the calls menu:
    go to keypad number entry and type in *5005*86*901# then press Call
    This means when you touch the voicemail icon it will dial your O2 Voicemail (you can replace 901 with other carriers numbers)

Make sure Call Forwarding is switched off >settings>phone>call forwarding "set to off"
    This facility forwards calls without ringing, and should not be active when using diverts

To activate your call diverts:
    go to keypad number entry and type *004*901# then press call This activates the ability to forward calls after ringing, you should see a confirmation screen telling you that diverts are active

To set the number of rings before the call is diverted:
    go to keypad number entry and type in **61*901**20# then press Call
    This sets divert to 20 seconds, you can use other values but 20 is typical and 30 is the maximum.

For other carriers just replace 901 in all you see above with your carriers number

Now O2 users should dial thier service provider on 901 by pressing the voicemail icon, listen to the menu options and select the settings option for voicemail notification options, you will hear there is now an option to select a voice mail notification symbol if you select this it will show as a red dot on your voicemail button, you still have the options to select text notification or ringback if you dont like the red dot.

Assuming you selected the notification by symbol option, when you find a missed call you will see the usual red dot on the phone icon, if there is also a message you will see a + beside the number of missed calls. when you click the phone icon you will see the usual red icon on recent calls this shows the number that called, now look at the voicemail icon on the right, if there is a voicemail left this will also have a red dot signifying a message is waiting, if there is no red dot on voicemail it means they called but did not leave a message.

This worked perfectly on my o2 1.1.1 unlocked phone but you try it on yours at your own risk, I'd like other confident users to test all these steps again and confirm.

hope some of you find this usefull
    My carrier's number for the voicemail is *777, but when I use the command *5005*86**777#, and then try to use the voicemail button, it doesn't work. Even if I use 777 (with no *), it doesn't work either. Could somebody please help?

OK, finally got a proper fix and here is the info I've gathered from numerous sources and sites, thanks to all those posters and the help they have given me in getting my O2, 1.1.1 phone working as it should.

I'm sure many of you know this but there are just as many who still dont, this mail is intended to help them.

Assuming you have 1.1.1 unlocked here is what you have to do for a fully working VM on O2 (everything except visual, the ability to select the order)

To get have the ability to recieve text messages from short form text senders (Voice Mail, Bank's, Skype etc):
    Download and install "SMS Fix" from http://i.unlock.no via installer

To activate and set your voicemail button in the calls menu:
    go to keypad number entry and type in *5005*86*901# then press Call
    This means when you touch the voicemail icon it will dial your O2 Voicemail (you can replace 901 with other carriers numbers)

Make sure Call Forwarding is switched off >settings>phone>call forwarding "set to off"
    This facility forwards calls without ringing, and should not be active when using diverts

To activate your call diverts:
    go to keypad number entry and type *004*901# then press call This activates the ability to forward calls after ringing, you should see a confirmation screen telling you that diverts are active

To set the number of rings before the call is diverted:
    go to keypad number entry and type in **61*901**20# then press Call
    This sets divert to 20 seconds, you can use other values but 20 is typical and 30 is the maximum.

For other carriers just replace 901 in all you see above with your carriers number

Now O2 users should dial thier service provider on 901 by pressing the voicemail icon, listen to the menu options and select the settings option for voicemail notification options, you will hear there is now an option to select a voice mail notification symbol if you select this it will show as a red dot on your voicemail button, you still have the options to select text notification or ringback if you dont like the red dot.

Assuming you selected the notification by symbol option, when you find a missed call you will see the usual red dot on the phone icon, if there is also a message you will see a + beside the number of missed calls. when you click the phone icon you will see the usual red icon on recent calls this shows the number that called, now look at the voicemail icon on the right, if there is a voicemail left this will also have a red dot signifying a message is waiting, if there is no red dot on voicemail it means they called but did not leave a message.

This worked perfectly on my o2 1.1.1 unlocked phone but you try it on yours at your own risk, I'd like other confident users to test all these steps again and confirm.

hope some of you find this usefull
    My carrier's number for the voicemail is *777, but when I use the command *5005*86**777#, and then try to use the voicemail button, it doesn't work. Even if I use 777 (with no *), it doesn't work either. Could somebody please help?
    I have a 1.1.2 OTB with TurboSim.
    Last edited by vidaldk; 02-03-2008 at 11:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Be good... Thanks.

Thanks

Hi VidalDK

If you can access 777 through your keyboard and reach your voicemail then this should work, its been tested on 1.02,1.1.1 and 1.1.2

I suggest you try a reset before going through the process steps again

>settings>general>reset>reset all settings

This will erase some user inputed fileds so you may need to enter settings for edge etc again

Green Apple
    Thanks

Hi VidalDK

If you can access 777 through your keyboard and reach your voicemail then this should work, its been tested on 1.02,1.1.1 and 1.1.2

This will erase some user inputed fileds so you may need to enter settings for edge etc again
    The issue is that my carrier's number begins with an *. If I use 777 only, the carrier sends an error message. If I use *777, the carrier sends back the same error message.

Hi VidalDK

The issue is that my carrier's number begins with an *. If I use 777 only, the carrier sends an error message. If I use *777, the carrier sends back the same error message.

Hi VidalDK

I can't access my voice mail using 777, but using *777. That's my problem. When I set *5005*86**777#, it doesn't work. There should be something for the voicemail access numbers beginning with "*".

By the way, I don't know why my comments are being repeat it more than one in the same post.
    Last edited by vidaldk; 02-05-2008 at 03:16 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Be good... Thanks.

Thanks

Sorry VidalDK

I've never heard of a carrier number starting with "*" hope you get help from someone else

Thanks

After having a few problems with my Edge settings when trying to get Swirly MMS working I lost access to my Voice Mail when I reset my network settings so I've entered them again and can confirm they work on 1.1.3 and quite likely 1.1.4.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I looked up the problem and fixed it. Sorry!
    Last edited by chillypbear; 03-20-2008 at 08:25 AM. Reason: found the answer

Thanks

Well i have a similar problem, i have my iPhone unlocked on Rogers AT&T, and the blank red badge is there but i dont have voicemail, like i do not pay Rogers for the voicemail feature.. what do i do?!

Its really annoying to constantly see a voicemail bubble there, please help!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Alright..a question..after reading the last few pages..I cant see/use visual voice mail if I am on Fido? I get the text message saying that I have a voice mail...but Can I get it visually? like how it is on apple's website? Thanks! =)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Call Divert
    Hi Everyone.

I have a question or two.

When you get the voice mail notification does it tell you how many voice mails?
    Also how can I stop the divert and convert the voice mail button to just voice mail only (901) on O2 PAYG.

Sorry for asking was intrested as I have set up the divert for voice mail notification but no credit to select visual voice mail until tomorrow.

Not sure if I want it to work now.

Thanks all

Opsgoon

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12