+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: o2 mms

is a discussion within the

Other Carriers (Not ATT or T-Mobile)

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Ive found this app on some iphone app website but it requires you to give out your phone number and pin number to retrieve the mms messages from the web.
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default o2 mms
    Ive found this app on some iphone app website but it requires you to give out your phone number and pin number to retrieve the mms messages from the web.

This would be great but im a bit cautious about giving this information out and was wondering if anyone has tried and tested this??

http://iapps.co.uk/o2mms/registration/

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

cant you do that via the o2 site anyway? Id just bookmark it when on wifi, then go to it with the gprs connection when needed

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm the author of that web application, I don't make a habit of storing peoples numbers / pins ... it'd be rather pointless - wouldnt let me do anything other than read MMS even if I did, and it's not exactly a secure form of communication!

Yes the O2 website can do the same thing, but you have to log in every time (you cant save the login details), the cookie expires very quickly and the site is absolutely horrendous to navigate on the iPhone, and virtually unusable over EDGE due to the amount of clutter / navigation on the O2 pages.

That's why I developed this app, originally a closed beta test - it now has had over 250 people register (admittedly as I dont log the numbers I can't tell if this is 250 different people or 125 people who felt the need to fill the form in twice!!)

Ultimately there's as much chance of someone snooping your login to the O2 site as there is iapps.co.uk

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rossmck View Post
    I'm the author of that web application, I don't make a habit of storing peoples numbers / pins ... it'd be rather pointless - wouldnt let me do anything other than read MMS even if I did, and it's not exactly a secure form of communication!

Yes the O2 website can do the same thing, but you have to log in every time (you cant save the login details), the cookie expires very quickly and the site is absolutely horrendous to navigate on the iPhone, and virtually unusable over EDGE due to the amount of clutter / navigation on the O2 pages.

That's why I developed this app, originally a closed beta test - it now has had over 250 people register (admittedly as I dont log the numbers I can't tell if this is 250 different people or 125 people who felt the need to fill the form in twice!!)

Ultimately there's as much chance of someone snooping your login to the O2 site as there is iapps.co.uk
    hey there ... i'd love to use your app but the thing is, i cant get a pin number .. im on o2 pay as you go .. my previous phone using this sim was a samsung and mms worked fine .. i'v got a number of people to send me mms but nothing arrives? i was hoping you could help me there ... cheers!