+ Reply
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Getting Legit O2UK iPhone contract

is a discussion within the

Other Carriers (Not ATT or T-Mobile)

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I had bought my iPhone from America ages before the iPhone came out in the UK... It is almost time for me to either terminate or renew my present O2
...
  1. #1
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Wraysbury, UK
    Posts
    606
    Thanks
    74
    Thanked 62 Times in 40 Posts

    Default Getting Legit O2UK iPhone contract
    I had bought my iPhone from America ages before the iPhone came out in the UK... It is almost time for me to either terminate or renew my present O2 contract (NOT O2 IPHONE CONTRACT).

    I was just wondering if there is a way for me to get a legit UK O2 iPhone contract on my iPhone as the current O2 contract is better than the contract I have now.

    anyone?
    Last edited by Taniban; 05-07-2008 at 05:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  2. #2
    Livin the iPhone Life reeko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,564
    Thanks
    48
    Thanked 166 Times in 136 Posts

    your wrong.

    i got an iPhone from america and transferred over to o2 from orange because of the edge reception and the new O2 simplicity tariff.

    it's a 1 month rolling contract so can be terminated at any point. unlimited internet (200 MB fair use policy, highest out of all operators i believe and much higher than orange's 1MB which is 50p more expensive) + 500 minutes + 600 texts

    all for

    25 a month.

    as far as im aware, this is the same as the iphone 35 a month tariff, and its a rolling contract so can be terminated at any point and gives the same service as any iphone contract.

    the unlimited internet is a bolt-on. i actually told the guy in the shop i had a jailbroken/unlocked iphone and i was looking for the best tariff and he was cool as you like about it

  3. #3
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Wraysbury, UK
    Posts
    606
    Thanks
    74
    Thanked 62 Times in 40 Posts

    Yeah I understand that you can get better contracts than the iPhone contract but I'm thinking of just want to get a new phone in all fairness... I would like to you know... microwave my phone or something and then say to apple that its broke... so I can get a new phone. hahaha

    I cant exactly do that with a non O2 sim card can I?

  4. #4
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default O2 best PAY & Go Options
    Dear Reeko

    Could I trouble you for the where you got the O2 files to use Edge or GPRS for your unlocked phone.
    I wanted to stay with O2 but wasn't sure on the tarrif to take Simplicity made sense but no internet until your last message.

    I was intrested in the 15 and the web bolt on.

    Can you elaborate some more?

    Opsgoon

  5. #5
    Livin the iPhone Life redcard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Scotchland
    Posts
    2,143
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 204 Times in 184 Posts

    Taniban, I have no idea what you are going on about.

    Firstly, you should get a new phone when you renew your contract with o2. Phone them and find out.

    Secondly, if the contract you have is more expensive that the iPhone contracts, I would maybe recommend you went PAYG for the rest of your life

    The way to get a legit iPhone contract is just to sign up through iTunes
    To live, you have to lie

  6. #6
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Wraysbury, UK
    Posts
    606
    Thanks
    74
    Thanked 62 Times in 40 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by redcard View Post
    Taniban, I have no idea what you are going on about.

    Firstly, you should get a new phone when you renew your contract with o2. Phone them and find out.

    Secondly, if the contract you have is more expensive that the iPhone contracts, I would maybe recommend you went PAYG for the rest of your life

    The way to get a legit iPhone contract is just to sign up through iTunes

    Mate... Im from UK. Before Iphones came out in UK, I bought a Iphone from America. Therefore, I have no legit O2 iPhone contract. My contract now is not as good as the legit iPhone contract so I was just wondering on where can I get a legit 02 iPhone contract. By getting a legit iPhone contract, I was also hoping to go the Apple store and say my iPhone is not working, can I get a new one. Do you understand now?

  7. #7
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    206
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 32 Times in 29 Posts

    just put ur iphone into recovery mode. then pop in the untouched sim card that originally came with the iphone. ull be able to create a legit account then with itunes.
    hit thanks if thanks are due.

  8. #8
    Livin the iPhone Life redcard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Scotchland
    Posts
    2,143
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 204 Times in 184 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Mate... Im from UK. Before Iphones came out in UK, I bought a Iphone from America. Therefore, I have no legit O2 iPhone contract. My contract now is not as good as the legit iPhone contract so I was just wondering on where can I get a legit 02 iPhone contract. By getting a legit iPhone contract, I was also hoping to go the Apple store and say my iPhone is not working, can I get a new one. Do you understand now?
    I knew you were from the UK, cos I can read.

    So you basically just want a new phone? 269, kid
    To live, you have to lie

  9. #9
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Wraysbury, UK
    Posts
    606
    Thanks
    74
    Thanked 62 Times in 40 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by redcard View Post
    I knew you were from the UK, cos I can read.

    So you basically just want a new phone? 269, kid
    No... I dont just want a new phone, I'm just weighing out my options... and if I have 269 pounds I wouldn't be here posting would I?

  10. #10
    Livin the iPhone Life reeko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,564
    Thanks
    48
    Thanked 166 Times in 136 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by opsgoon View Post
    Dear Reeko

    Could I trouble you for the where you got the O2 files to use Edge or GPRS for your unlocked phone.
    I wanted to stay with O2 but wasn't sure on the tarrif to take Simplicity made sense but no internet until your last message.

    I was intrested in the 15 and the web bolt on.

    Can you elaborate some more?

    Opsgoon
    i basically went into my local o2 store and explained to the guy i got my iphone from america, unlocked it and have been using it with orange, however, they arent offering me a data package.

    he offered me simplicity with the web bolt on, so i got it, put in the sim card and everything just worked. the edge data is alread in there.

    i lost the EDGE settings in the settings menu, but modded a file to get it back, and it was something really simple i had seen online.

    i hope this helps?? any more questions jus pm me.

    the 30 day rolling contract is the best thing about it.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts