+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone in Serbia

is a discussion within the

Other Carriers (Not ATT or T-Mobile)

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hello, I want to use my iPhone in Serbia this summer. Can anyone share their experience in using it there. I have a prepaid SIM card there I will be
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default iPhone in Serbia
    Hello,
    I want to use my iPhone in Serbia this summer. Can anyone share their experience in using it there. I have a prepaid SIM card there I will be using.
    My phone stats:

1.1.4 Firmware
    ZiPhone Jailbreak 3.0
    Have NOT unlocked the SIM yet because I like my you tube and yahoo account. But of course I will have it unlocked before I go.

The prepaid SIM card is a 063 number and used to be Mobtel, cant recall what they are called now, I think Telenor.

TIA

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    You can use your iPhone and 063 SIM card in Telenor Serbia network with no restrictions. GPRS/EDGE settings (in Serbian) are here http://www.telenor.rs/?section=private&page=4232

3. The Following User Says Thank You to evolutionph For This Useful Post:

bbgt2 (05-05-2008)

iPhone? More like MyPhone b-ballstyle's Avatar
    Thanks

Nice because ill also use my iphone in serbia this summer and i wanted to know with what company ill use it. Thx

Srbija brate !!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Thank you very much !
    That is most helpful !

BB

Quote Originally Posted by evolutionph View Post
    You can use your iPhone and 063 SIM card in Telenor Serbia network with no restrictions. GPRS/EDGE settings (in Serbian) are here http://www.telenor.rs/?section=private&page=4232
    Quote Originally Posted by b-ballstyle View Post
    Nice because ill also use my iphone in serbia this summer and i wanted to know with what company ill use it. Thx

Srbija brate !!

Srbija do Tokija brate !

Pozdrav!

Hmmm, Just tried their step by step directions and when I go to the Network screen it doesnt give me a location where to setup the EDGE/GPRS settings, will that change after I install the 063 area code SIM card ?
    I hope.

Thanks
    Last edited by bbgt2; 05-05-2008 at 09:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Do you have jailbreaked iPhone? If so, you should have EDGE option.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Do you have jailbreaked iPhone? If so, you should have EDGE option.

Yes its JB, I guess I will see the EDGE settings after I install the 063 SIM card. Right now with ATT's card I guess its already preset and not giving me a choice.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    You can insert your Telenor SIM card right now and see what happen. Roaming service with AT&T and other US operators works. If problem is still present, try to restore your iPhone and unlock it with ziphone 2.5 or 3.0. That should help.

Green Apple
    Thanks

You can insert your Telenor SIM card right now and see what happen. Roaming service with AT&T and other US operators works. If problem is still present, try to restore your iPhone and unlock it with ziphone 2.5 or 3.0. That should help.

Dont have hte Telenor SIM card here with me, hopefully it will all work out good once I unlock the phone. Right now its just JB with ZiPhone 3.0.

Thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    If you want to cut your mobile usage costs in Serbia J suggest you to use one of Tariff Add-ons, specially Add Internet, where you can buy 50 MB for ~15$. Otherwise you'll pay the same amount ~60$! With this tariff Add-ons you can get the lowest pre paid prices in the Serbian market.

Budi pozdravljen!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

If you want to cut your mobile usage costs in Serbia J suggest you to use one of Tariff Add-ons, specially Add Internet, where you can buy 50 MB for ~15$. Otherwise you'll pay the same amount ~60$! With this tariff Add-ons you can get the lowest pre paid prices in the Serbian market.

Budi pozdravljen!
    Thanks for the info, can't wait till Bijeljina/Budva trip next month, will post experience with iPhone..

PS. got 1.1.4 fully unlocked/jailbroken with iLiberty+

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    In that case, you'll be in Montenegro and Bosnia (diferent states and diferent operators= very diferent prices and coverage), and the best solution there is to buy their Tourist pack, made for visitors. Promonte network in Montenegro have full EDGE coverage and reliable data services.
    Last edited by evolutionph; 05-24-2008 at 03:48 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Budi pozdravljen!

Thanks for the tip. Will look into it.

Hvala na svemu!

Bajo