+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Robbers..caugh..Rogers

is a discussion within the

Other Carriers (Not ATT or T-Mobile)

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi all, I just ordered my iphone and I've got a Robbers plan with the unlimited sms and the gay WAP (or should I say wack) and some junk phone,
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Robbers..caugh..Rogers
    Hi all,

I just ordered my iphone and I've got a Robbers plan with the unlimited sms and the gay WAP (or should I say wack) and some junk phone, that I will swap out the SIM when I get home and put in my iphone. I am not a business user so I can't see getting a whole lot of email, just want to reply or send something if I see the need (see meaning get email on my iphone)

Now that the details are out of the way, what is the best way to use the iphone on Rogers

I want to check my email accounts and possibly skype, youtube etc. I know that I will do my best to use only the WIFI for the surfing and heavy data activities, I want to be able to get my email and reply so what do I do about that???

Thanks and sorry for repeating any already answered questions, can't find any solid answers

Gixx

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

there is no such thing as unlimited sms with rogers, its only 2500 sent messages, unlimited incomming.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Unhappy 46 views and 1 reply....
    I know this may not be the best set of questions but come on...help a fellow iphone user out

iPhone? More like MyPhone Rounder's Avatar
    Thanks

Really mate your only option is to get the $65 1GB Data Plan if you plan on using EDGE to check your emails and such, because if you don't you will regret it!! There are no other decent ways to do this. I didn't change anything on my plan when I got the iPhone because it's a rip off. Either cough up the extra dough, or do like I do, swear and just use WIFI when you can. It's not the most practical way, but it will save your hard-earned cash.

DO NOT USE EDGE WITH YOUR CURRENT PLAN!! I have the same plan and you will get charged data if you attempt to get emails through EDGE.

You've been warned

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Rounder For This Useful Post:

gixxstar (05-02-2008)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rounder View Post
    Really mate your only option is to get the $65 1GB Data Plan if you plan on using EDGE to check your emails and such, because if you don't you will regret it!! There are no other decent ways to do this. I didn't change anything on my plan when I got the iPhone because it's a rip off. Either cough up the extra dough, or do like I do, swear and just use WIFI when you can. It's not the most practical way, but it will save your hard-earned cash.

DO NOT USE EDGE WITH YOUR CURRENT PLAN!! I have the same plan and you will get charged data if you attempt to get emails through EDGE.

You've been warned
    Yeah I pretty much figured that based on what I have been reading on here and a few other forums etc. Do you think that with my above mentioned possible usage (light email and the odd surf) the $65 is enough-too much?

So basicaly I'm looking at the data plan and a voice plan?

$100 +/-

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gixxstar View Post
    Hi all,

I just ordered my iphone and I've got a Robbers plan with the unlimited sms and the gay WAP (or should I say wack) and some junk phone, that I will swap out the SIM when I get home and put in my iphone. I am not a business user so I can't see getting a whole lot of email, just want to reply or send something if I see the need (see meaning get email on my iphone)

Now that the details are out of the way, what is the best way to use the iphone on Rogers

I want to check my email accounts and possibly skype, youtube etc. I know that I will do my best to use only the WIFI for the surfing and heavy data activities, I want to be able to get my email and reply so what do I do about that???

Thanks and sorry for repeating any already answered questions, can't find any solid answers

Gixx
    Call or check on the rogers.com website about the Flex-Rate plan. It's a Data plan, which starts at $65 monthly for 1GB. The higher your usage, the monthly rate will automatically change so you don't get shafted with overage charges.

You don't need a Voice/Data plan. That's for Blackberrys only.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Eurisko For This Useful Post:

gixxstar (05-02-2008)

Green Apple
    Thanks

I just looked and the only thing I could find was a "flex pc card plan" $50-$100 per month.
    is that the plan your thinking about?

Can I use the flex plan for both voice/sms and data?