+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Fido: Incorrect SMS receive time and shoddy Edge

is a discussion within the

Other Carriers (Not ATT or T-Mobile)

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hey Everyone, I tried searching for this in the forum (I thought I saw it here once before), but can't seem to find it. Has anyone had a problem with
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Fido: Incorrect SMS receive time and shoddy Edge
    Hey Everyone,

I tried searching for this in the forum (I thought I saw it here once before), but can't seem to find it.

Has anyone had a problem with SMS messages on Fido? Everything I receive is 4/5 hours off which leads me to believe it's a problem with GMT/EST conversion or something.... but I don't know how to fix it. The problem is always there (receive text from iPhone/regular phone) and my girlfriend's iPhone has the same problem.

Additionally, I've noticed that the iPhone has a much harder time connecting to Edge (so has the girlfriend!). Generally if I unlock (the keypad) and try to check email/go to a website, I have an Edge error about 75% of the time. If I go into Edge settings and sort of "reapply" the settings, the problem is fixed about 50% of the time.

Has Fido changed something and has anyone else noticed these issues?

Thanks
    Been having the same problem since I changed from Rogers to Fido. Delayed time in SMS and having problems with EDGE. Anybody knows of a fix?
    Smile!!!
    Version 1.1.2 Updated
    Sim Unlocked

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I had the same problem with rogers this is what you do

settings > general > date & time

set automaically = off
    time zone = Rabat (yes because rabat is GMT -0 so this does not
    send your phone 4 hours ahead or 4 hours behind)
    set date & time = set it yourself manually

Calendar
    time zone support = off

QUOTE=dongle1985;816601]Hey Everyone,

I tried searching for this in the forum (I thought I saw it here once before), but can't seem to find it.

Has anyone had a problem with SMS messages on Fido? Everything I receive is 4/5 hours off which leads me to believe it's a problem with GMT/EST conversion or something.... but I don't know how to fix it. The problem is always there (receive text from iPhone/regular phone) and my girlfriend's iPhone has the same problem.

Additionally, I've noticed that the iPhone has a much harder time connecting to Edge (so has the girlfriend!). Generally if I unlock (the keypad) and try to check email/go to a website, I have an Edge error about 75% of the time. If I go into Edge settings and sort of "reapply" the settings, the problem is fixed about 50% of the time.

Has Fido changed something and has anyone else noticed these issues?[/QUOTE]

My iPhone is a Part of Me iBlade's Avatar
    Thanks

You can try SMS Timefix version 1.1.3b, it worked for me on fw1.1.3. You can find it on installer by adding this source. http://www.iphones.ru/r
    Don't be shy if I helped you use the Thanks button, I do it.