+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SMS apllication bug and workaround

is a discussion within the

Other Carriers (Not ATT or T-Mobile)

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi, I am using the "Jesus Phone" with airtel in india and faced this problem on the 3rd day of use and it has happened twice already. Here are the
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default SMS apllication bug and workaround
    Hi,

I am using the "Jesus Phone" with airtel in india and faced this problem on the 3rd day of use and it has happened twice already.

Here are the details:
    The SMS application pops up on pressing the button, but pops right back into the screen and does not allow you to view the messages or actually do anything related to SMS.

The preview of the new messages still shows up, with the Dismiss and View buttons, but even clicking View would not launch the application.

I was so F***ed..

Cause of the problem:
    After fixing it twice i have figured out that the promotional SMS sent by my service provider are not read properly bu the iphone because the messages do not have a number but instead they carry a TITLE. My nokia and the other phones do not have this problem. In both the cases i just deleted the promo message from the sms.db file and it worked.

The solution i found somewhere:
    ibricker for getting to and downloading the SMS.DB file from var>root>library>sms>sms.db

then opening it with SQLlite admin and deleting the problem message and then uploading it back into the phone; after deleting the earlier version of the sms.db

you will notice that the problem creating message shows a garbled bunch of characters instead of a number.

I would definitely love to have some setting within the phone to fix this ****** bug.

Thanks
    Mannu
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SMS apllication bug and workaround-sms-problem.jpg  

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VegasTheory View Post
    Hi,

I am using the "Jesus Phone" with airtel in india and faced this problem on the 3rd day of use and it has happened twice already.

Here are the details:
    The SMS application pops up on pressing the button, but pops right back into the screen and does not allow you to view the messages or actually do anything related to SMS.

The preview of the new messages still shows up, with the Dismiss and View buttons, but even clicking View would not launch the application.

I was so F***ed..

Cause of the problem:
    After fixing it twice i have figured out that the promotional SMS sent by my service provider are not read properly bu the iphone because the messages do not have a number but instead they carry a TITLE. My nokia and the other phones do not have this problem. In both the cases i just deleted the promo message from the sms.db file and it worked.

The solution i found somewhere:
    ibricker for getting to and downloading the SMS.DB file from var>root>library>sms>sms.db

then opening it with SQLlite admin and deleting the problem message and then uploading it back into the phone; after deleting the earlier version of the sms.db

you will notice that the problem creating message shows a garbled bunch of characters instead of a number.

I would definitely love to have some setting within the phone to fix this ****** bug.

Thanks
    Mannu
    Hi Mannu what is the firmware you are having.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hey i am havin the same prob in India i am usin Vodafone(Hutch).
    1.02 firmware, anysim unlocked iphone can't receive sms's from numbers with less than 6 digits or from non numerical sources like banks hotels and carrier related . Can u plz help on this issue.
    any link for this tutorial will also be of great help