Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: FIDO charged me Data Usage, I only use WIFI on my iphone.

Thanks
    Just curious since I'm new to Fido. I changed from Rogers last month when i found out that Fido have the unlimited nights and weekends outgoing calls, and my bill has been ridiculously never less than 90$ so I finally decided i needed a change. I'm on 30$ price plan now with 100WD and Unlimited nights and weekends which starts at 7pm and 16$ worth of value pack that has call display, name display, 2500 text messages,etc. I am very much satisfied with this plus the unlimited local calls for 3 months since I'm new. I received a call from a Fido representative last night and offered me an additional 4$ on my value pack for an UNLIMITED internet/data surfing on my phone... That's a biggie! So, I am now on a 20$ value pack on Fido.

My question is... does it really work? I mean, won't they ever charge me for my data usage even if i watch videos on youtube since I have an unlimited edge/data surfing on my value pack? Just being cautious since I don't want to be slapped with a huge bill! Thanks in advance for anyone who would reply!
    Smile!!!
    Version 1.1.2 Updated
    Sim Unlocked

Pity Guy Honestly, it is CRAP !!!
    You should concern about your bill NOW !!!

Look carefully about the rules of Fido:
    "The Unlimited surfing on your Fido option includes unlimited mobile surfing on your handset and is only available on selected handsets only (non-Fido certified handsets, Windows Mobile devices and PC cards are not eligible). Data usage incurred on ineligible handsets and devices, incurred while tethering (using a handset or device as a wireless modem or laptop) or incurred using non-Fido (third party) applications downloaded to your handset will be subject to a pay-per-use charge of 5 per KB. Option applies within Canada only. While roaming outside Canada, data transmission charge of 5 per KB apply, except in the U.S. where data transmission charges of 1 per KB apply."

Link: http://www.fido.ca/portal/en/domore/...et.shtml#three

Quote Originally Posted by carrie0227 View Post
    Just curious since I'm new to Fido. I changed from Rogers last month when i found out that Fido have the unlimited nights and weekends outgoing calls, and my bill has been ridiculously never less than 90$ so I finally decided i needed a change. I'm on 30$ price plan now with 100WD and Unlimited nights and weekends which starts at 7pm and 16$ worth of value pack that has call display, name display, 2500 text messages,etc. I am very much satisfied with this plus the unlimited local calls for 3 months since I'm new. I received a call from a Fido representative last night and offered me an additional 4$ on my value pack for an UNLIMITED internet/data surfing on my phone... That's a biggie! So, I am now on a 20$ value pack on Fido.

My question is... does it really work? I mean, won't they ever charge me for my data usage even if i watch videos on youtube since I have an unlimited edge/data surfing on my value pack? Just being cautious since I don't want to be slapped with a huge bill! Thanks in advance for anyone who would reply!
    I think ... I do ... in my utopia ...

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=324941&dateline=12156  49304

3. The Following User Says Thank You to wao1201 For This Useful Post:

carrie0227 (04-12-2008)

Happened to me too, a total of 6Mb and i was charged 300 bucks of data usage, i bitched and complained, i asked to speak to a supervisor, he brought it down to $150 and then i asked if i could use my FIDO points to pay that, he went to ask but they said no and he said since i was trying to pay it off he would knock another $50 off. i didnt have to swear once.........ive had my iphone for 5 months, and this also happened when i installed swirlymms settings into my phone, lesson learnt i guess.............BLOCK internet with FIDO......................

Hello i am new here.. I'am using just my wifi at home and i download an messenger application, any body nows if they will charge me any time i use this aplication using my wifi at home. I really need this information thaks in advace

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by diazjoaquin View Post
    Ok man thank you, I will

Ok, guys, I just spoke to a FIDO supervisor,, they argue that the data usage was legit and after 20 minutes talking to the guy he agreed to give me only %25 off the original charge, Im so freaging mad, anyways for all of you out there, just call fido and ask them to put a block on your account for the fido network connection, for some reason one of the apps I installed its connection trough fido, I think is swirlyshit.
    Both Fido and Rogers have similar blocks for smartphones. They need to add the blocks for APN, internet, media and goam. If they only have part of the data blocks on then that's how you're getting data through. The APN block is new since the iPhone was launched so if you had the blocks on prior to this then one is missing. Anyway, there's no reason why the customer service rep or Manager couldn't of offered to rightsize you to the best data package to cover your usage as a first time data dispute. Even though they only offered to adjust for 25% data try calling to see if they can adjust the entire data and you pay the monthly service fee for a smartphone data plan that would of best covered your usage. In the end you were the user of the device and used data so you're responsible for the usage but there's also no reason why the Fido rep can't offer a little extra customer service especially for a first time data dispute.

SOHO: MacBook Pro, iMac, Maya, Shake, FCS 2, iLife, iWork, Office, Time Capsule, iPhone 3G 16GB

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12