Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
10-05-2007, 09:10 PM #1Does all carriers work on an unlocked iPhone?
I've tryed everything, and my iPhone still doesn't get a signal... Have unlocked it, activated it (several times), it worked with several other SIM-cards, included a differetnt company from the same country, Denmark, exept my SIM-card... I live in Denmark and use a company called 3. Homepage "www.3.dk" Why doesn't it work? Am willing to eat my boxershorts in order to make this work!!! Please help...
10-05-2007, 09:30 PM #2
i thought 3 was a 3g network.
10-06-2007, 08:38 AM #3
To start with, you need to download the following files:
- bbupdater you can download from
Manually place them into your iphone's /usr/bin folder using "ibrickr" .
[to install OpenSSH on your iphone, first install Installer.app via applications on ibrickr. Then through Installer.app you can install OpenSSH]
Once all files are in place, please do the following:
Use Putty (on a PC) or Terminal (on a Mac).
[putty download] (http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~s.../download.html)
[on a PC]
- run Putty
- Host name is the IP address of the iPhone (example: 192.168.0.44).
- Port 22
- User ID: root
- Password: dottie
[on a Mac]
- Run Terminal
- type: ssh -l root 192.168.0.44 (again as an example)
- password: dottie
2. Once you have logged in type: cd /usr/bin
- Now type: launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist
- Now type: bbupdater -e ICE03.14.08_G.eep
- After you see DONE, type: launchctl load -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist
Lastly type: exit
10-15-2007, 05:17 PM #4
It doesn't work on 3 Hong Kong either. Someone posted somewhere that it is the way the sim card is programmed to check n see if the phone is 3G first. If it doesn't, shutdown!