Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Straighttalk Does anyone know a way to stop their throttling

Default Straighttalk Does anyone know a way to stop their throttling
    Straighttalk throttles after using 2.5 GB. If anyone knows a way to override this using APN settings or otherwise please let me know by posting it or emailing me. I'm using an iPhone 5 AT&T compatible, unlocked and jailbroken (iOS 6).
    There is a lawsuit pending against Straighttalk for not disclosing their throttling. After they throttle it's down to 2G and the phone is almost useless.
    Btw, I'm aware of the YouTube video where one can buy a $89 phone and swap the SIM card out but it's unclear as to whether that really works - Not worth the risk for $89.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Thanks

Unfortunately, your only option is probably to use a different SIM (and thus a second phone number and plan cost). América Movil is pretty good at tracking and applying throttles, and I don't think anything would work short of tactics that would probably qualify as theft of service.

I appreciate your response.
    Theft of service ?
    Straighttalk misrepresented themselves for they did not DISCLOSE that they now throttle after 2.5 GB Hence, the lLAWSUIT against them. I've used Straighttalk for a few years and they never used to throttle but now they do.
    Other companies at least disclose that they Throttle. I respect your opinion but regarding theft of service, that is a matter of opinion.
    Respectfully,