Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 5 on iWireless...how fast?

Hey all, I have a sprint iphone 5 currently and here in mason city, ia the data speeds on sprint are limited to 1x. these speeds are unacceptably slow. lol i have my iphone jailbroken and forced to roam on verizons network...sprint isn't too happy about this obviously. I want to switch carriers and go to a prepaid plan.

I just need to know how fast the iphone 5 would be on iwireless and if it would even be worth the switch?

fyi...i will be getting a new unlocked gsm iphone for this purpose. I am not going to mess around with trying to unlock my sprint iphone.
    Last edited by labratlsx; 06-09-2013 at 12:04 AM.

Looks like they are an affiliate of Tmobile so how is tmobile in your area most i have seen on tmobile 4G is 14MB down
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

They are an affiliate of Tmo but iWireless does not directly offer the iPhone 5 as they have not tested their system with it...or so customer service tells me. iWireless is considered roaming for Tmo. iWireless also has their own equipment in our area, but supposedly some people with Tmo phones get around 4mbps speeds while roaming...

I also stopped in and talked to the folks at our local cell phone repair shop and the sell iWireless and work on them and they tell me that the iPhone is limited to 2G/Edge speeds on iWireless....

I don't even know what to think... i have not been able to find much info on this topic which is why i wanted to ask.

Honestly if the people that are selling it tell you it sucks i wouldnt touch it. You might want to check out Simple Mobile or Virgin Mobile they have pretty good coverage decent speeds and price is good
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here