Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need help changing apn on iphone 4

Question Need help changing apn on iphone 4
    please help i bought my daughter an iphone 4 for Christmas had it jailbroken and now i need to change my apn over to straight talk and can not figure it out please help

Thanks
    Thanked 10,199 Times in 6,210 Posts

Found this vid.

And this on wiki.
    http://wiki.howardforums.com/index.p...ht_Talk_iPhone

3. The Following User Says Thank You to blkcadi For This Useful Post:

ipodandiphoneuser (12-25-2012)

thank you but i need the information on how to change the sim and everything but this was very helpful because i will need it thank you

Thanks

Change the sim? Explain please, these settings should get your phone working.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to blkcadi For This Useful Post:

ipodandiphoneuser (12-25-2012)

i need to change all the sim information the app i have is sam and i am completly lost

is there an easier way to chat with you

Thanks

Is it that the phone is not recognizing the sim? If so was it locked to a carrier before like AT&T? If that is the case then you will need to have it factory unlocked. Very inexpensive to do.

If you need to unlock it, I have used this seller on eBay for many phones, never had an issue.
    Factory Unlock Code Service for at T USA Apple iPhone 3 3G 3GS 4 4S 5 Permanent | eBay
    Last edited by blkcadi; 12-25-2012 at 09:34 PM.

If you unlock the phone it will be a permanent factory unlock, so you can update to the newest iOS no problems, then you can change the apn with out a jailbreaking the phone using the sim swap method. (You will need a t-mobile or simple mobile sim to complete) you can get the Internet working without unlocking by connecting to wifi on the phone and going to unlockit.nz.co in the phones browser and installing the straight talk profile. Picturemessaging FaceTime and group messages will require an unlock and sim swap method

You don't need to unlock the phone from AT&T , you said you had it Jailbroke
    Just open cydia if its the first time going to cydia it will ask you one ? Tap USER
    Then next, it will set your phone up with a file system, once it's done go to search
    Type in TETHERME tap install tap confirm and it will install the APN ( cellular data network) it ask you to respring then you can reboot and go to settings
    Tetherme and check to see if the correct info is in the boxes you can google the settings
    For straight talk which are easy to find. That will give you your MMS AND DATA CLOSE
    And try sending a pic to someone. tetherme app cost 4 bucks and is the easiest way to do it
    Or buy the TMOBILE sim and the settings would be the same as tetherme,
    I have also read you can use APN EDIT from Cydia and its free.
    Last edited by vtails; 01-09-2013 at 12:34 AM.