Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cant downgrade from iOS6 to iOS 5.1.1 !!!!

Default Cant downgrade from iOS6 to iOS 5.1.1 !!!!
    Ive put my 3GS in DFU mode, downloaded the most recent 5.1.1, held SHIFT and clicked restore. I get any number of errors.

Ive tried redsn0w and the pwnd DFU... no dice

Ive tried tiny umbrella, and still get errors.

Any ideas on how to force 5.1.1 back on a 3GS?

First you need to have 5.1.1 shsh blobs because apple stopped signing 5.1.1

Then you need to stitch the blobs to 5.1.2 firmware using redsn0w

Then put the phone in pwned DFU mode and restore in iTunes using shift + restore

But I need to install a non jail broken ios6 first, right? I got my blobs off of cydia and stitched them with redsn0w and still got an error when I tried to restore. I had my JB iOS 6 in DFU mode when I tried.

I get errors 3194 and 1600 whenever I try. I stitched the SHSH Blobs into the 5.1.1 ipsw with redsn0w. I get it into DFU mode and shift + restore... pick the stitched ipsw and it errors. what am I doing wrong?

Thanks
    Thanked 9,889 Times in 6,042 Posts

You don't want to move back up to 6.0 for sure, I would also try making a new stitched firmware just for sh!ts and giggles just in case there was an issue with the first one.

Error 3194

Occurs when trying to install an old firmware and Apple's server disallows the installation. The only solution is to have SHSH backup and modify the hosts file to point to Saurik's Cydia Server where they are backed up (or localhost if you have it yourself).

Error 1600

Custom firmware can't be restored on a device with DFU Mode. The software of the device isn't patched. Using a jailbreak tool, enter a pwned DFU Mode. During that process the software gets patched and the custom firmware should run without any problems.
    APTicket problems if you try to restore to iOS 5.x in the DFU Mode.
    If trully stuck (even with an regular iTunes Restore), edit the hosts file and comment out the "guzzoni.apple.com" line

the guzzoni.apple thing is only relevant to the iphone 4, from what im reading.

I was in pwned DFU when i got 3194. I had edited the hosts file prior to all this.

I got it!!!

Following a post on MacRumors, I fired up sn0wbreeze 2.9.6, stitched my downloaded and saved SHSH to the freshly downloaded .ipsw. I removed any and all host entries related to apple in the host file, flushed the DNS on my PC, put the phone in DFU mode as prompted by sn0wbreeze and let it put my 3GS into pwnd DFU. I fired up iTunes, shift+Restore'd and it all went perfectly!

I now have a freshly installed, pre-jailbroken 5.1.1!

If I was unclear on my steps and it would help someone for me to clarify... please say so! I'd love to give back the help I have gotten here!

Quote Originally Posted by jtsdad View Post
    I got it!!!

Following a post on MacRumors, I fired up sn0wbreeze 2.9.6, stitched my downloaded and saved SHSH to the freshly downloaded .ipsw. I removed any and all host entries related to apple in the host file, flushed the DNS on my PC, put the phone in DFU mode as prompted by sn0wbreeze and let it put my 3GS into pwnd DFU. I fired up iTunes, shift+Restore'd and it all went perfectly!

I now have a freshly installed, pre-jailbroken 5.1.1!

If I was unclear on my steps and it would help someone for me to clarify... please say so! I'd love to give back the help I have gotten here!
    yes, give me the steps thanks

could this work for 4s too?

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

If ya talking about 6.0 to 5.1.1 nope can't happen