Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: finally got my iPhone to work with Straight Talk today!!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default finally got my iPhone to work with Straight Talk today!!!!
    After some long researching here on this site I was able to get my iPhone to work properly. I unlocked it today and now everything is working. I had to get the tether me app from cydia and change my APN setting. Then I used ultrasn0w to unlock it. It was already jailbroke. After trying many things and talking with Straight Talk I was able to get it working finally today.

At first it wouldn't work. I tried a new SIM card and nothing. I finally unlocked it this afternoon. Changed the APN setting with tether me, installed the new SIM card and within minutes everything worked great.

Wanted to say thanks to all the info on this site for helping me get it working. It was a bit confusing at first, but now I'm golden. $45 buck a month is awesome compared to the $90+ with AT&T.

so to use ST the iphone needs to be unlocked???

Quote Originally Posted by mrcookie718 View Post
    so to use ST the iphone needs to be unlocked???
    no you dont just insert sim card. to get data and mms you need to be jailbroken

Quote Originally Posted by dvela85 View Post
    no you dont just insert sim card. to get data and mms you need to be jailbroken
    Not if you purchase an AT&T compatible SIM from straighttalk.

Umm, actually Yes, you do.

You can use unlockit.co.nz to get a data profile installed. To get MMS you still need to jailbreak to get TetherMe to change the actual APN settings
    Black 16gb iPhone 4S 5.1.1
    Macbook Air OSX 10.8.2

I have been using an i4 since Wally world started selling the E71 it was a AT&T phone and it worked fine it doesn't need to be unlocked but when AT&T started unlocking iPhones I got them to unlock mine I just updated tetherme about 30 min ago they now support iOS 6 which is great to see. The wife has an i3G locked to AT&T and using a sim bought from ST WORKS PREFECT

Yeah, no need to unlock if you got AT&T iPhone. If you need to install APN Settings for ST, just go to unlockit.co.nz from your iPhone.
    Contact me to "factory unlock" any iPhone!

I was telling a friend that instead of installing cert. just buy Tetherme be done,dont need unlockit.co,then you'll have data MMs internet working

No need to unlock unless I want to install tetherme app. If u get the AT&T sim from straight talk, just pop it in and talk and text (sms) will work no prob.

For just data (no mms)
    go to unlock.co.nz and select straight talk apn

For MMS you must do the tmobile sim swap, this is were you put in a sim from another carrier so u get the apn options in the carrier menu. Or do as the person stated above and instal tetherme app.

I have straight talk with data and mms and I did not jailbreak my phone. I just put in my old tmobile sim to access the apn settings.

I have tried the tmobile card swap but I can't the settings to come up. Does the phone need to be unlocked for this to work or does the tmobile card need to be active?