Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 4S on Straight Talk big problems please help!

Thanks

Default 4S on Straight Talk big problems please help!
    hi i just recently got my 4S and have put it on straight talk just like my 4 used to be i used tether me to change apn settings and everything works it just works horribly!!! the 3g is so slow webpages barely load or they just say the server timed out. siri never works and imessage never works ever it does not matter if theres 1 signal bar or all the signal bars! does anyone have a remedy for this? i can handle no siri or imessage but the incredibly slow internet is too much.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Have you tried a simple restore yet?

Thanks

Tryin that now thanks for your fast reply I'll give an update in a few minutes

i believe straight talk uses t-mobile as there carrier. so you wont get any 3G. your data will be slow because your only on EDGE. do you even get a 3G logo on your iphone?

i hope im wrong.. im still reading up about straight talk and some say they do in fact use ATT as there carrier??
    Last edited by daytonaviolet; 02-23-2012 at 08:33 PM.

Thanks

it all depends on your area they use both att and tmobile. straight talk leases every major network avaliable except cspire.im using straight talk thats on att so no edge only issues. and i did a fresh restore and the problem persists. i think my complications with siri and imessage are all do to incredibly slow 3g i dont understand why its like that but i know thats whats giving me such headaches my 4's 3g speeds where double what my 4s is hitting right now. i cant fathom why its like this isnt the 4s' antenna supposed to be better? has anyone else ran into this

this is quickly becoming a depressing subject because i cant for the life of me think of any solution to this problem and the only way i forsee to actually have a useable phone when not on wifi is to go back to a 4 which isnt that bad dude this phone was seriously a birthday present from my fiance and i LOVED my 4 but this phone is just so much snappier i love how it work and how smooth it is just :-(!
    Last edited by Supercrunch; 02-23-2012 at 09:26 PM.

supercrunch, thanks for your feedback. i've been reading up on straight talk and watching the youtube videos.. and im tempted to give it a try. from the videos, seems like a few folks are using a locked ATT phone with smart talk with no issues. perhaps its just your area?

Thanks

yeah a locked phone because the locked att phone wil recognize the sim as an att sim card.my 4s isnt unlocked. its really easy to do on android or an iphone ive heard the straighttalk now sells just the sim card for 14.99 on Welcome | Straight Talk it gives the number to the miami office there so i assume its legit although i cant tell first hand it is id research it first. and its not my area because my 4 got crazy speeds on it im pretty sure its the 4s and i dont know why.

Yes u can use straight talk on an iPhone 4s... Using mine right now! And no it don't have to be unlocked! I give it 4stars, would be 5 but I don't have my iPhone jail broken to send mms picture text! Other than that love the service!

Any way someone can send me or post a youtube link to a vid of getting straight talk to work on a iphone. I have a iphone 4 on 5.0.1 jailbroken running on at&t prepaid go phone, but would love to figure out a way to get data