Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Thread: iPhone 4S 5.0.1 Sprint Unlock?
01-14-2012, 08:22 PM #1iPhone 4S 5.0.1 Sprint Unlock?
It has a SIM slot, is there any way this will be or can be unlocked in the future to use a GSM carrier?
01-14-2012, 08:25 PM #2
01-14-2012, 08:41 PM #3
So the phone is useless?
01-14-2012, 08:42 PM #4
01-14-2012, 08:56 PM #5
01-14-2012, 08:57 PM #6
01-14-2012, 09:17 PM #7
Good read. The reason in the article that makes me leary about this unlock method is you have to log into Verizon from wifi to validate the foreign sim. The unlock should be done through iTunes not Verizon.
01-14-2012, 09:18 PM #8
01-14-2012, 10:36 PM #9
Thanks for the info guys! Wish they'd just let us decide what phone on what carrier we want.
01-15-2012, 12:16 AM #10
01-15-2012, 01:12 PM #11
I read from MuscleNerd "very promising iPhone 4S Unlock"
I'm pretty sure a unlock will be released any time soon, or there will be a lot of useless iPhones 4S around!
01-15-2012, 01:50 PM #12
01-23-2012, 02:24 PM #13
so what happens if the following happens:
1. you're a Verizon customer and you buy the iPhone 4S from them.
2. You went away to another country on vacation
3. While there, you picked up a local sim and validated it.
4. You came back and after a few months, decide to cancel your Verizon service.
5. A few months later, you decide to travel to another country again, but a different country from the first vacation.
Are you able to use your iPhone 4S during step 5 with another local SIM card?
02-05-2012, 07:57 PM #14
My Sprint 4s worked with an International (telcel) sim. I called Sprint to unlock, they told me that they are all unlocked for Int'l sims. I having another probelm but yes it works.