Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Straight talk ipcc wont stick

Thanks

Default Straight talk ipcc wont stick
    hey i really need some help i cant get the straight talk ipcc to stick in my girlfriends phone i cant understand why i do everything like its supposed to be you know go to cmd enter the string to make itunes put the carrier bundle on the phone then put the ipcc on the phone but when i reset nothing is different its an iphone4 on 4.3.3 using d23s carrier bundle should i just downgrade her phone to 4.2.1 ? because mine is on 4.2.1 and i had no problems i have done this to two other 3gs with not problem one of them on 4.3.3 but her 4 just wont take the ipcc for some reason is there a way i can manually put the file the phone via winscp3 or ifunbox???? i really need some help im so frustrated i dont know what to do
    Last edited by Supercrunch; 06-27-2011 at 09:59 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

instead of the d23 repo, try the following repos instead. They might work for you:
    Code:
    http://iphonemod.com.br/cydia
    http://cydia.myrepospace.com/fosseperme/
    If those didn't help, then you might need to patch the CommCenter file yourself using a bspatch tool, following the instructions on this hackint0sh post and making necessary file permission changes to the resulting file.

It might also be a good idea for you to do the patch on a freshly restored & jailbroken iPhone (do this patch before doing any other Cydia tweaks or restoring from an iTunes backup). Sometimes weird things happen and tweaks such as this get wonky, especially in this case as a misstep can cause a reboot loop that will require a restore.

Hope this helps.
    Member of the hackint0sh forums.
    HowardForums Member: Haas_Dave

Quote Originally Posted by GenesisDH View Post
    It might also be a good idea for you to do the patch on a freshly restored & jailbroken iPhone (do this patch before doing any other Cydia tweaks or restoring from an iTunes backup). Sometimes weird things happen and tweaks such as this get wonky,
    +1
    I think you nailed it right there. I was going to mention doing it on a PC instead of Mac but he talks about using WinSCP so he is already.

Thanks

Ive had it get stuck in the reboot loop three times and everytime I've tried ( I've restored it about 4 times now). It's been a fresh restore nothing added except cydia commcenter patch then the ipcc I guess 4.3.3 is funny or something because 4.2.1 never gave me such a headache I guess I'm gonna try and downgrade back to 4.2.1 on her phone and pray it works. or is there away maybe to get hacktivaction to force the phone to activate so the Only time i would have to connect the back to
    iTunes would be to put the ipcc On it? I'm thinking maybe it syncing with iTunes throws it off I really appreciate your help thank you. Also I I know nothing about a bs patch Tool could you ellaborate ?

Nothing wrong with 4.3.3 it works fine. Something must have changed in your procedure since you last got it to work on 4.2.1. Are you restoring using a stock ipsw from iTunes? Or using one from snowbreeze or something? If I were you I would restore back to stock 4.3.3 from iTunes. Then use redsnow to jb. Then read this ENTIRE thread (iphone-3g-straight-talk-apn-info and follow Genesis' instructions word for word and you should have it working.

Thanks

the only thing i did different on 4.3.3 was add the patch via cydia since i couldnt find anywhere to download the commcenter itself and i have got it to work i downgraded back to 4.2.1 then jailbroke via snowbreeze manually put wortels original 4all4 patch in via ifunbox then i put the ipcc via itunes the odd thing is it didnt take at first i tried like 3 times and never would take then i went into the iphone with ifunbox and put the straight talk ipcc into /private/var/mobile/Library/Carrier Bundles/ myself then re-ran itunes carrier update and it took immediately didnt have to reboot or anything for the carrier to change honestly i dunno if me putting the ipcc file into that folder and then running itunes helped at all or affected it in anyway but its working now and leads me to wonder that maybe itunes wasnt installin the ipcc file and that maybe 4.3.3 would have worked if i had put the file in there myself and ran itunes i really have no idea as to that but what i did on my iphone was -
    1: restore
    2: jb via greenpoison
    3:manually add wortels 4all4 via winscp
    4: runs itunes carrier update (worked first time no problems)
    her phone went like this -
    1: restore/downgrade 4.2.1
    2: jb via snowbreeze which is like restoring again
    3: manually add wortels for all for via ifunbox
    4: ran itunes carrier update 3 times no luck then went to /private/var/mobile/Library/Carrier Bundles/ via ifunbox put the ipcc file in the then ran itunes carrier update and it took immediately when the box disappeared from itunes her phone said straight talk as its carrier

would you know of a place that i could download the commcenter .deb file for 4.3.3?

Good to heare you got it working. I'm curious were you using the commcenter patch from the d23 repo on cydia? Cos that is wortels 4all4 patch its just being maintained by someone else as wortel stopped working on it. Its my understanding that once the .deb file has been installed it wont let you reinstall it but you can make edits to the carrier.plist.

Thanks

ive never heard that about not being able to reinstall it but i did a fresh restore-jb-install patch from each source on cydia fosseperme iphonemodbr and d23 each one on it owns fresh restore and jb and everytime it would go into the reboot loop then one timei installed one and tried the ipcc 4 or 5 times then uninstalled that source went to a new one installed tried 4 or 5 times to install the ipcc did that for each source or the patch so i installed all three patches (not at the same time) without a fresh restore for each and the ipcc would never take on either one it never got a reboot loop but it never worked either all of that on 4.3.3 thats why i downgraded to 4.2.1 and manually put wortels patch in myself because i knew it had worked for me before but a tricky part is what i mentioned earlier about it not taking until i personaly place the ipcc file into the carrier bundle folder on the phone and ran itunes carrier update i wouldnt mind trying this all again on 4.3.3 if i could get an actual deb file to install myself on my comp and not a cydia repo (keep in mind i honestly dont know if me putting that ipcc into the carrier bundle file on the iphone helped or affected it in ANYWAY whatsoever it just so happened to work right after i did that so i kinda wanna think it helped but again i dont really know)

Thanks

you should probably get your roo0mmate to look at it..... he seems like hs a beast with that iphone stuff...

Thanks

That dude don't know nothing bout straight talk more bars more places hes stuck with AT&T for two more years

I had the same problem on my 3g on 4.2.1,I went back and read the instrutions that WORTEL talk about editing the info.plist (mine was at 9.0)I used 8.1 then ran the test line enty and started itunes and installed the config file and it took the first time.