Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iCrack (NOISE!!!)

Default iCrack (NOISE!!!)
    I just bought myself an iPhone, shipping from the US to HK for my birthday. After "activating" it following the steps listed here, I found that the headphone jack of the phone can only produce some crack. I don't know whether it's the crack or the phone, but I am real blue. I got an iPhone, can make some phone calls and browse the internet, but can't listen to songs, watch the movies etc.
    I do wanna ship it back to the states and ask for a new one, but I afraid after cracking the SIM, even I had restored the phone already would had some traces left inside. IF Apple found that out, they may claimed that the noise was resulted by the crack and reject my case. Can anyone suggest a way out?

iPhone? More like MyPhone xfsasx's Avatar
    Thanks

are you using the iphone headphones? or different ones?

The original one coming with iPhone, but I tried that with 4 other headphones I got already. So it's not the headphone but the iPhone:iCrack

Thanks

just resore it...and possibly downgrade to 1.0 version then upgrade to the 1.0.2....and see what happens....if it dont work then restore and send back to apple......there is no trace of cracking it....i had to exchange mine the same way...send it in, do not go to apple store and exchange.

Quote Originally Posted by stlcaddie View Post
    just resore it...and possibly downgrade to 1.0 version then upgrade to the 1.0.2....and see what happens....if it dont work then restore and send back to apple......there is no trace of cracking it....i had to exchange mine the same way...send it in, do not go to apple store and exchange.
    so you did restore yours and send it back to Apple?