Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Flash verizon iphone to cricket/metropcs

Default Flash verizon iphone to cricket/metropcs
    Hey guys where are we at on unlocking verizon iphone to cricket or metro pcs? I know its being done with a "3rd party mms (program)" but any word on what the program is or how to do it?
    Secondly, I know there is a lot of stuff going around about having to clone the MEID/ESN in order to get it to work and that is just flat out not true. I know that, when the phone first came out, that that is what was thought, but there are actual unlock methods out there.
    Thanks for any info.

May I recommend a subforum just for verizon iphones to avoid confusion please?

before I get flamed, a subforum for unlocking of verizon iphones.
    Last edited by bck9900; 03-16-2011 at 10:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

I do believe there is a forum for Verizon iPhones.

Currently there is no progress on unlocking it so I'm assuming that's why we don't have a subforum for it, sorry

There are rumors that people have done the flash to metroPCS, I think there's a thread on that somewhere on here. It just can't use data at this time, just calls I believe.

I was under the impression that everything is working on Cricket. Google 3rd Party MMS Verizon Iphone unlock and see what you get.
    Why there is a verizon section there is not a verizon unlock section which makes it confusing to some of us. I spent two days trying to upgrade my iphone to base 1.59 before someone told me that was a gsm base.
    I'm not trying to start any flame wars just trying to help things along and I think if we had one central place for the unlocking questions that would help Thanks for the reply!

Thanks

I am not clear on cricket, but I do know data likely won't work on metropcs. I assumes it wouldn't on cricket because not everything has been figured out. That and it was just a rumor that I've been seeing.

Dallas Metropcs says full flash is available?

edit: I just called them and they only have talk and text working, the ad was referring to a full unlock when it was available. A little misleading!
    Last edited by bck9900; 03-17-2011 at 11:11 AM.

Thanks

Yeah isn't it? A lot of people advertising it doesn't include the data won't work.

is this possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Jdbwood View Post
    is this possible?
    A crciket store can get voice and text to work however you will have no data. I'm just gonna be patient and sit on my $500 iphone in hopes