Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Verizon iPhone 4 on metro pcs

Default Verizon iPhone 4 on metro pcs
    I need to use metro pcs as my cell provider and I know they use CDMA in their phones so is it possible to flash an iPhone to metro. I know it would only be the Verizon model though

Yes it is possible people have done it but its highly illegal sorta like changing your imei on a gsm phone.
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

No disrespect Westerman, but I believe you are incorrect. Flashing your CDMA phone is nothing like changing your IMEI number. Flashing phones is completely legal. It's basically a form of unlocking so this will void your warranty but it's not illegal.

What is illegal is having the flash files or posting them online since this is 'intellectual property' of, in this case, Apple.

Update:

I did a little reading specifically on flashing of the Verizon iPhone and here is what I found out. Basically it's more complicated than just a typical flash would be. In order to make it work, the Verizon iPhone would have to use the serial number from another phone. This, of course, is highly illegal and probably what Westerman is refering to.

Here is a couple quotes from the hackers that know much more than me:

"An unlock of the [Verizon iPhone] is more than just a custom code exec... it involves per-carrier CDMA adjustments" -MuscleNerd

"A non-sanctioned iP4VZ 'unlock' would require an ESN/MEID from a donor phone with service. This technique is a US federal crime." -Pytey
    Last edited by kraziebone; 03-04-2011 at 01:59 AM.

Default Stop the Madness
    Take it easy guys....your gonna scare the OP. The process for flashing an iphone to Metro PCS is NOT illegal, nor is it as nefarious as everyone here is making it out to be. First thing you need to do, is get your ESN added to the Metro database. This can be done, by contacting one of the dealers who advertise this service on Howard Forums. Then, just dial *22804 from your iPhone, and say "Roaming List" at the prompt. Once your roaming list is updated, hang up and dial *228 from the iPhone, and say "change my phone" at the prompt....follow the directions and wait for the OTA to complete. VOILA!!! iPhone on Metro....no data as of yet, so your iphone is more like and iPod touch with talk and text capabilities...have fun.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

This would be beneficial for those who have wifi access most of the time. I would be careful about all the legalities, but i haven't read far into it yet. Maybe it's legal, maybe it's not, this is further in development and I'd like to find out more about it as well just to resolve my curiosity.

It's very possible. And waqataq has it correct. But it will void apple warranty. I.annia it not only useful on wifi for Internet. You just have to do more tweakin on it. Metro can't do it you gotta fix the Internet yourself. But it can be done. Mine works great

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Maybe if you post some proof it would be more believable. Just saying. Not so much interested in seeing metropcs on the phone as much as seeing the data work. So show us, k? Then we can all agree and confirm its all good.

Hi,

New here...but I too would LOVE to see the new iphone 4 on Metro...but only if I can get data to work. So I'm with annie...how did you do it?

"QPST". Look it up in google search. You must have a authentic metropcs phone that is activated with service. Have metro store flash your iPhone. That's the easiest and legal way to get a metro assigned imei code on your iPhone. Plug metro phone into computer. Start qpst. Research metro settings for your area too. Copy required settings. Plug I iPhone. Transfer settings. Take the settings from the metro phone. You gotta put that phones data/web settings on iPhone. Reboot. Dial *228. download latest plr and roaming list. Reboot phone.

But it is hardly worth all the effort, you will have web/data, but with virtually slower than dial up speed. And I cannot attest to how legal it is. Do at your own risk. I'm not responsible. But if you try, please research the settings well and be sure of yourself before you try. It can brick your device if you make a smallest of mistakes.

*"the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"
    *back-track*

M@veR@veR

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Maveraver For This Useful Post:

An3i7rust (03-12-2011)

thank u
    Last edited by An3i7rust; 03-13-2011 at 10:01 AM.

Default Once again...NO DATA!!!
    Just to clarify here for everyone...there is NO data yet, nor will there be for a while. Your only data option right now is wifi.

Let me explain:

1. The use of QPST to edit the data parameters has not been possible as there is no diagnostic com port connection established between the the phone and computer. ( I have personally checked this by putting the phone in diagnostics mode via the keypad *5005*3424255# and then running nmap on the phone...only 2 ports come up as live...ssh and itunes communications. )

2. After extensive testing it seems that no matter what is edited within the carrier bundle, the phone will not sign into the Metro data network. After properly patching the commcenter to allow unsigned or "fake signed" bundles, i can get the phone to see the data network but not sign in.

3. I am of the suspicion that the .dmu key file is the culprit and this will need further investigation....so for now, NO METRO DATA. Sorry.

I hope that helps.

Waga thanks for the good info. I would assume that cricket is in the same place. I talked to someone yesterday at a cricket store and he says that he thinks there is a way around it but they aren't ready to release it yet...i.e. more testing required.

I've got an iphone4 for Verizon and I want to flash it to metro, I've been readin alot and am pretty sure it's possible, been to several stores and they tell me no it's not possible, I did find one that said it was possible and he's gonna eventually gonna get the stuff needed to do it. My question is where can I go to get this done now! I'm in daytona beach Florida and will drive where ever the **** I need to.

Where can I go to flash my Verizon iPhone to metro pcs
    Last edited by Jakesmith; 05-05-2011 at 08:09 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

3134442023... I can put your verizon iphone on to metro... Thats what im usin right now... And ive done plenty of 'em... No data as of yet.. But i use wifi so i could care less....

R u in daytona or near

Detroit... But im sure we can make arrangments...
    Last edited by maxridgewood; 05-17-2011 at 12:38 AM.

I was able to connect my computer to the iPhone (Verizon) with the use of Virtual Serial Port, connect to your wifi, but make sure that you have your iPhone jailbroken because you need two programs: OpenSSH and MyWi 4.0.
    You have to once you connected your iPhone to your wifi then go to Settings, WiFi and turn your wifi on and then press the white arrow you iphone is connected to and look for the IP Address, write that IP address in the virtual serial port, and the two port settings are 22. Make sure the port number is selected for port 10. No need to put iphone into diag mode, I just have to find which program will provision the chipset. Enjoy! I hope it works and get us all closer.

Quote Originally Posted by excelflash View Post
    I was able to connect my computer to the iPhone (Verizon) with the use of Virtual Serial Port, connect to your wifi, but make sure that you have your iPhone jailbroken because you need two programs: OpenSSH and MyWi 4.0.
    You have to once you connected your iPhone to your wifi then go to Settings, WiFi and turn your wifi on and then press the white arrow you iphone is connected to and look for the IP Address, write that IP address in the virtual serial port, and the two port settings are 22. Make sure the port number is selected for port 10. No need to put iphone into diag mode, I just have to find which program will provision the chipset. Enjoy! I hope it works and get us all closer.
    Pease offer more clear and detailed instructions. If you do that the i believe we all will have an easier time expoloring your method and finding a working solution.

Does the Virtual Serial Port put you in communication with the Qualcomm chip? If so, then program you need to provision it is QPST.

Also, earlier posts mention legal issues. The only thing illegal is to change the ESN/MEID. If you don't change the ESN/MEID, it's not illegal. Changing ESN/MEID is how CDMA phones are cloned, which is why it's illegal. There is no reason to change ESN/MEID to use a phone with a carrier with a bring-your-own-device policy. Some people do change ESN/MEID for the non-nefarious purpose of using a phone on a network that will not activate a device not in its database like Sprint or Verizon, but it's not legal to do under any circumstance.

Can anyone add esn to metroPCS's inventory??

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast