Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Simple Mobile Help plz help asap

Default Simple Mobile Help plz help asap
    ok so i have an iphone 3g running 4.1 on baseband 6.15 so far everything works data web mms and all but the thing that bothers me is that, when im calling someone or someone calls me and i try to go on the web it only works on wifi and not my service i was wondering if this is normal for simple mobile users or if i need to install something via cydia.

plz someone help me or point me in the right direction because i've searched everywhere and cant find a fix maybe someone here can help plz just post a way here or post a link to lead me in the right direction that way other users may also benefit from this problem thx

btw is 4.1 the best ios for iphone 3g? or should i upgrade let me know in a pm or jus post it here

I don't believe there is a fix. The reason why that's happening is because Simple Mobile uses T-Mobile's tower's. So you will never be able to receive 3g since the iphone is an AT&T phone and they use a different 3g frequency. So what normally happens with AT&T when you're on a call is the voice part will be 2g and the data is 3g. With Simple your voice and data are both 2g. This is the same reason why Verizon can't surf the web while on a call and also the reason why you are able to do both over wifi. This is how it was explained to me. Hope this is helpful. If you do figure out some way to do it please pm me.

That makes sence but it sucks I really wanted to browse the web and call when I'm not home Ohh I have another question how come I can't three way on my iPhone with simple mobile?? I have the unlimited plan also

Simple Mobile does not support 3 way calling either.