Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3Gs on 4.1 simple mobile mms issue

Thanks

Question iPhone 3Gs on 4.1 simple mobile mms issue
    I have an iphone 3gs with firmware 4.1, base band 5.14.02. unlocked. jail broken. I'm using simple mobile and I can send mms just fine but I can not receive them. I'm tried every package from cydia on mms fixes. I've watched 100 videos on youtube and tried every possible way to put the apn settings in or whatever and nothing works. I also have a 3g on 4.0.2 and it sends and receives mss just fine. Is the problem that its 3gs or the firmware or what? Can anybody help please?

hello people these is my first post here I have been trying to set up my MMS settings for Simple Mobile i have a 3gs 16 gigs version 4.1 carrier 8.0 Modem Firmware 06.15.00 i have tried everything and i can send even do when i send they receive it in like 2 or 3 days later, and the same thing happens when they send to me i get it but it says the file is to big can someone help me out please do you think is maybe my base band i am so frustrated with these whole thing i tried editing different settings, even call simple and they say they dont support mms receiving but we have a 3g phone and i can send and received on that one
    Last edited by Area51men; 01-05-2011 at 01:53 AM.

Where is simple mobile out of? Is there a big name carrier its associated with?
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

its a reseller of tmobil

Have u tried tmobile apn settings
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

I have tried tmobile settings but didnt work also leimobile fix with that i got to send but not recived, so iam starting to think the problem is in my basebAnd is anyone else having that problem or maybe simple mms only works with 3g

Quote Originally Posted by Area51men View Post
    I have tried tmobile settings but didnt work also leimobile fix with that i got to send but not recived, so iam starting to think the problem is in my basebAnd is anyone else having that problem or maybe simple mms only works with 3g
    I have same problem too. Have not been able to receive picture messages. I need help. I have 3gs 4.1 on firmware 06.15.00.

Thanks

ive tried EVERYTHING. i can send but receiving takes about a week, if i even receive it. ive tried all the fixes, from all the repo's on cydia for simple and tmobile. ive watched every you tube video and tried every different apn setting possible.

I ended up taking my iphone to a iphone doctor he set the new leimobile 5.0 and i got two receive two pix one from a tmobile and one from att after that no more, pics took it back a week later and he gave me my money back saying that he could not fix it because there was a problem with simple mobile this is so frustrating that iam just giving up on mms for my iphone it SUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Same problem here.. Sucks ***, worked well with 3.1.3 but ever since 4.0 came along kinda messed it all up, it's not just simple mobile

On the simple mobile you have to UNCHECK the 3G setting.

Did not see anyone mention this,you can only run 2G or edge with t-mobile which is what simple mobile runs off of.
    24" intel Imac
    Alienware m11x
    32GB 3GS
    32GB HD2

I got mine working on my 3gs 4.0 by using the lei mobile repo and sshing the com.apple.mms.overide file into the phone. What's weird though is after that I connected to itunes and itunes did one of those carrier update things and then it quit working. I can send but not receive.

apn: simple
    mmsc: http://smpl.mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
    mms proxy: 216.155.165.50:8080
    message size 1058576
    mms ua prof url: http://www.apple.com/mms/uaprof.rdf
    if this fails just erase the message size section and leave it empty and try.
    dont try to send mms to online numbers. it should be a real cell phone.

correction
    sorry!!
    Last edited by metriks; 03-30-2011 at 12:51 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I tried everything that has been posted in the thread and still cant get it to work receving or sending. Anyone else got some input on this ?

EDIT:

I got it to work, but seems to work sometimes not always ?
    Last edited by YeA 3gs; 04-14-2011 at 11:03 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Simple Mobile's Network is NOT capable of sending pictures on iPhone devices. You can receive but not send, this problem is because of Simple Mobile's capability with the iPhone's on their network.

Trust me I'm a dealer and called and this is what I was told.

If you cant receive pictures still then install Simple Mobile package from beta.leimobile.com/repo/

and change Max message size to 614400