Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Rogers 7.1 Carrier update files needed

Default Rogers 7.1 Carrier update files needed
    Hi Guys,

I was wondering if any of you have the iPhone Rogers 7.1 carrier update files? My itunes does not show the update so I am stuck with fido carrier setting even though I am on Rogers (i unlocked on 4.1 by preserving baseband from 4.0.1).

Can be found here apparently :

CDocuments and Settings\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Carrier Support\

Would really appreciate if someone can share this..

thanks

If you unlocked then all you have to do is put your Rogers SIM card into the phone and it automatically does what it needs to do.(including carrier updates)

I had same situation. I have Rogers SIM but my phone was locked to Fido.

All I had to do after jailbreaking and installing Ultrasnow was put my SIM into the phone and it just started doing what it needed to do in order to log in Robbers.

Try maybe putting your SIM into the phone and then re-booting the phone.

Thanks

I'm a bit confused here, I'm in kind of the same situation. I used to have that file located on my macbook but it recently crashed, so I've restored the OS from scratch and now it's gone.

With that happening and me brave enough to update my iPhone 4 4.0.1 unlocked w. Ultrasn0w to 4.1 using Pwnage Tool on a fresh mac OS I've seem to have slightly sabotaged my update. After using Pwnage Tool to build the custom restore my iPhone had no service. Once I installed Ultrasn0w via Cydia and rebooted my carrier service came back. I thought it was weird how I had to install Ultrasn0w since my iPhone 4 is actually a Rogers phone.

... Now, is it possible this happened because of my mac crashing/losing the Rogers carrier support folder, AND THEN trying to do a Pwnage Custom Restore without that file existing; or is it something else?

I'm really baffled here. How do I get the rogers carrier support back onto my iTunes? Might I just say hello to a regular 4.1 baseband and then re-jailbreak? ... Would prefer not to.

Help Please! (SHSH's or whatever are backed up with TinyUmbrella, but I don't know what to do with em and don't even know if that's relevant!)
    Last edited by RelleR; 10-26-2010 at 07:30 AM.
    You don't have to lie to kick it.