Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: US alternatives to T-Mobile and AT&T?

Default US alternatives to T-Mobile and AT&T?
    Hey everybody, I am currently on a JB UL iPhone 3GS 4.0.1, on T-Mobile service in the US.

I'm just wondering what kind of options I have when it comes to prepaid plans.. so far all I know that works with iPhone on prepaid is Simple Mobile.

Does anyone know any other alternative? I'd really like to save some money (my current bill runs 85+ WITH corporate discount)!

I look forward to hearing what everyone else uses on this forum..

I don't know of any except Simple Mobile.

Livin the iPhone Life Bluemoldycheeze88's Avatar
    Thanks

h2o Wireless... runs on AT&T Towers I don't about coverage in your area but in my it's fantastic they have a $40 Month Plan for Unlimited Talk/Text their also about to release Data Packages which is rumored to be $60 a month for unlimited calls/text/data

https://www.h2owirelessnow.com/pageC...php?page=index

PS. There is no mms atm because They offer data but as soon as the data packages are available mms will be working.

h2o looks like a good service to try.. but that sorry excuse for a "coverage map" doesn't help me at all.. lol.. and I need data. was hoping for something that would work with the iPhone's 3G band.. simple mobile has 3G available but it runs on the same band as Tmobile which doesn't help me..

this is what i found out about H2Owireless.....

19:18:52)SUPPORT:Welcome to H2OWIRELESS. Please wait for the next available representative.

(19:20:49)SUPPORT: Thank you for contacting customer service, my name is KENIAM. How can I help you?
    (19:21:27)Rick: would like to know if you have 3g data plans for Iphone now
    (19:23:02)SUPPORT: We will be launging the Data plan on Sept 1st
    (19:23:29)Rick: any price breakdown on plans yet
    (19:24:05)SUPPORT: however we have not tested it on the Iphone and in the past sone customer where only able to use the first uphone
    (19:24:10)SUPPORT: *iphone
    (19:24:47)Rick: hmmm you mean edge data not 3g then
    (19:24:54)SUPPORT: Yes
    (19:25:15)Rick: prices
    (19:26:19)SUPPORT: It will be included with the H2o Montly plan
    (19:26:57)Rick: for the 40 a month or will that be increased
    (19:27:32)SUPPORT: No it will only be available for the $49.99 Monthly plan
    (19:28:00)Rick: ok thanks for the ifo

6. The Following User Says Thank You to voltman For This Useful Post:

itzbilly (08-20-2010)

Interesting.. Thanks for the help voltman, I will keep h2o in mind if it happens to have coverage in my area.

Thanks

I don't know about that data its just about to be released.

As Far as It not working on a 3g iphone that's a lie. I Used a h2o wireless sim in my iphone b4 it was stolen.

I'm pretty sure It will be 3g Data considering they run on same towers and use the same bands as at&t for normal voice and text coverage. AT&T prepaid data is 3g on the iphone so it should be same for this Semi At&t service.

hell if its 3g data ,, that be a great deal for unlimited per month thats only 10 bucks on top the unlimited voice text plan. I would prob change over from Tmobile

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by voltman View Post
    hell if its 3g data ,, that be a great deal for unlimited per month thats only 10 bucks on top the unlimited voice text plan. I would prob change over from Tmobile
    we will have to wait and see until September 1st.

D:
    I've been waiting for something like this I was actually about to buy a H2O sim today to play with on my unlocked 3GS. But now I might get one for real if it has 3G data. I've been real close to buying a simplemobile plan, but I think I'll hold off for this. Right now I'm on ATT with no data plan. So anything is an improvement at this point. I'm sure when people begin using it there will problems with MMS just like simple mobile had on iphone. But I'm sure there will be a fix.

I am a h2o dealer and a simple mobile dealer and have activated lots of iphones with both companies. Things to consider:

*h2o probably has twice the cover as simple mobile
    *h2o does not require the iphone to be unlocked
    *h2o has been promising mms and data since 2009 (it does look more promising now that it is on their website though
    *simple mobile already has unlimited talk, text and data for $60
    *simple mobile is on tmobile network so with the iphone you can only use edge

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

From what's been said on Howard Forums, the updated $49.99 h2o plan will only offer 30MBs of data, enough for MMS to work day-to-day but too little for even a light-data iPhone user to use effectively.

At least Simple Mobile has a 1GB data limit, not the 30MBs instated by h2o... big difference.
    I'd rather have EDGE-only and a slab of data to utilize over 3G and a tiny sliver of data to use. Just my 2 cents tho...

As for other prepaid plans, there are no other plans out there that are nationally available and offer data. You might check if any local GSM carriers offer plans more suited, but don't get your hopes up.
    Member of the hackint0sh forums.
    HowardForums Member: Haas_Dave

Thanks
    Well to put my 2 cents in, I'm using Simple Mobile and I've been real happy with them. Love the $60 plan

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

Do any of you know anything about a company called MetroPCS?

Metro PCS is CDMA so its not gong to work with an iphone if that is what you are thinking.

Has anyone confirmed if the h20 dats is 3G or edge on the iPhone?

its only 30MB for the data plan.. i dont think it would be worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Roush00 View Post
    Has anyone confirmed if the h20 dats is 3G or edge on the iPhone?
    edge
    WANT A UDID SLOT TO RUN BETA iOS FIRMWARE? 87 SLOTS AVALIABLE. $3 EACH PM ME

Quote Originally Posted by cybereclipse View Post
    edge
    I heard it was 3g. Did you confirm this yourself?

h2o = 3g
    simplemobile = edge

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast