Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: mysimplemobile

Talking mysimplemobile
    Has anyone here on this used this service with their iphone if so can you pls post the pros and cons. The unlimited service starts of with 40 unlimited talk and text, and $50 unlimited talk text and 50 meds of internet, last but not least $60 bucks unlimted talk and text 150 megs of internet.

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Never heard of it...but you can get around that using Tmobile.

Simple mobile using T-mobile's back bone. it is the only company that you can use any unlocked phones.
    I currently have Simple mobile with my 3g ,3.1.2, MF 05.11.07.
    it works great

mine has been awesome up until a few days ago when I lost edge data service and no one can seem to figure out why. Is edge still working on your iphone gmoney?

I just signed up for Simple mobile with my 2g iPhone, any way of getting SMS?

Well looks like they recently upgraded their plans! 60 dollar a month for unlimted everything. The only thing is that you cant get 3g, just edge, but for the price its killer. I get better reception everywhere i go than i did on ATT!

Only problem i am having as is everyone else it seems like, is that i cant rcv picture msgs. I can send them just fine but i cant rcv. anyone have a fix for this issue? thanks...

They are a mnvo of T-mobile, so you will get 3g if you use a t-mobile phone

8. The Following User Says Thank You to goohman For This Useful Post:

Showtimetrav (07-26-2010)

Hey guys this is my first post, i decided to sign up because i just found the way to send/receive mms on iphone 2g with my simple mobile carrier and i dont want people to suffer 3 hours of research jst like me. first off let me be as clear as possible, i have an iphone 2g running 3.1.3 firmware on the GSM simple mobile carrier. i'm not sure if this will work on the 3g or 3gs so try at your own risk. ok so first what you want to do is upgrade to the latest 3.1.3 on your iphone 2g next you need to jailbreak and unlock using redsnow 0.9.4 this link is for windows users

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

and this one is for mac

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

for further instructions on how to jailbreak/unlock click this youtube link

YouTube - 3.1.3 Jailbreak/Unlock Iphone 2g, 3g(only Jailbreak) & Ipod Touch 1st gen and 2nd gen with Redsnow

ok so after that is done make sure you have a simple mobile activated SIM card with a limited or unlimited data plan in the phone

after that, head over to cydia and add this source Smart-Mobile.com by tapping on manage at the bottom and then tapping sources then edit and add. when loading source you will see many error windows but don't be alarmed.

now that that's installed you can search for (2g mms 3.1.3 patch...) and install it make sure it comes from the source that you just added and don't mistake it for some other one, it might be necessary to reboot.

after installing 2g mms on 3.1.3 patch... and have rebooted, head over to settings > general > network > cellular data network and make sure that the mms field is visible. it should look something like this:

Cellular Data
    APN: simple
    Username:
    Password:

MMS
    APN: simple
    Username:
    Password:
    MMSC: http://smpl.mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
    MMS Proxy: 216.155.165.050
    MMS Max Message Size: 614400
    MMS UA Prof URL: wap.sonyericsson.com/UAprof/W800iR101.xml

be aware that it is case sensitive.
    after putting settings in go back to the main settings and click the home button after this turn your iphone off wait 30 seconds and then turn it back on. upon reboot if you get a sad face mentioning something about running on safe mode dont worry just tap restart.

ok almost done! go to your messaging app and check to see if you have the camera icon on the bottom left corner next to the txt input bar which you should if you did everything right.

dont send any picture message just yet
    all we have left to do is to head over to cydia and search for legacy but make sure you hit search as nothing is going to show up if you just type it. ok so it narrows it down to 3 matches, you should see some weird one and two t-mobile tweaks. you want to download the first t-mobile one NOT THE SECOND!!! after installation it will prompt you to return to cydia but what you want to do is turn your iphone off wait 30 seconds and turn it back on. voila!!! you should be able to send/receive mms on your iphone 2g without getting that annoying message

the media content was not included due to a picture resolution or size restriction

I'm looking forward to making a video tutorial but i need a camera since someone broke my camera's LCD. let me know if you are stuck and i can help you [email protected] hope i helped guys!!!
    oh another thing i dont know if this is a permanent fix but it should be fine as long as the carriers don't change their settings i have no idea how this worked but my theory is that since simple mobile is part of t-mobile, the teak might of had an effect on the settings. enjoy mms!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to franciscoi For This Useful Post:

fairlaidy (10-08-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Hi, I have a 3g Iphone simple mobile and I can send a receive photo or MMS also the internet is very good when the 3G is off or disable,so far I have no problem, the settings are like this:

Cellular Data
    APN: Simple
    Username:
    Password:

MMS
    APN:epc.tmobile.com
    Username:
    Password:
    MMSC: http://smpl.mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
    MMS Proxy: 216.155.165.050
    MMS Max Message Size: 614400
    MMS UA Prof URL: wap.sonyericsson.com/UAprof/W800iR101.xmlvbl

Remember to type it as I did, "Simple" with the uppercase "S" also be careful with "MMS UA prof URL" (xmlvbl)

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to promeco79 For This Useful Post:

fairlaidy (10-08-2010), nano4270 (07-27-2010)

Default didn't work
    What baseband are you on? It didn't work for me. i can send them but get the media content was not included error when i receive a MMS

I got it to work,

i used promeco79's settings and added legacy like franciscoi said.

Im all set know, thanks for your help
    Last edited by MrRaid3r; 07-29-2010 at 08:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Joined this forum just recently. I have a 3G on Simple Mobile and the contributions to this thread fixed my MMS problems. Thanks.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Hi, I just want to add the next: the email in simple mobiles is your number with area code Exmp: xxx xxx [email protected] (all together)[email protected], so any one can send you a text message from any e-mail to your Iphone, only text message.

Default cant get it to work
    i got an iphone 3G nuning iOS 4.0.1 i have tried many ways even these but i cant get the mms to work any help please

Quote Originally Posted by promeco79 View Post
    Hi, I just want to add the next: the email in simple mobiles is your number with area code Exmp: xxx xxx [email protected] (all together)[email protected], so any one can send you a text message from any e-mail to your Iphone, only text message.
    Thanks. Pictures can be sent to your [email protected]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    ]so has anyone found out a solution to the mms receiving, pleas i need some help everything works except getting mms i can send

Default I found the way to enamble MMS on iOS4 iphone 3G
    Open cydia

go to Manage>Sources>Edit>Add and add this source http://beta.leimobile.com/repo/ once done click on the LEIMobile Repo and download the Simple Mobile 4.0 MMS Fix

you may need to reboot

after that u should be able to send and receive mms just make sure data roaming and mms messaging is ON

20. The Following User Says Thank You to javy503 For This Useful Post:

Kafu (08-06-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    @javy503 thanks, I will try it and let you know

thanks javy503 i tryed every thing but i turned data roaming on and then downloaded the mms fix and everything works perfect i can now send and receive pictures
    Last edited by Kafu; 08-06-2010 at 09:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Where is legacy at? i dont know why but when i search in cydia legacy doesnt show up? i have modmyi installed so i dont know why its not there.

Quote Originally Posted by javy503 View Post
    Open cydia

go to Manage>Sources>Edit>Add and add this source http://beta.leimobile.com/repo/ once done click on the LEIMobile Repo and download the Simple Mobile 4.0 MMS Fix

you may need to reboot

after that u should be able to send and receive mms just make sure data roaming and mms messaging is ON
    i done all this but i cant receive pics but i can send them can u help me plz

what firmware are you on and what baseband.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast