Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Verizon Rumors

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

^Because they sux.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post

Why do US carriers need deposits?
    Because people will pay them

He coulda used "make it mine" to change his logo...

And lol hope they don't go to verizon
    Last edited by Raptors; 08-29-2009 at 10:40 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Why do US carriers need deposits?
    Because.. it's AMERICA.
    Need we have this discussion?
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by angiepangie View Post
    That's impossible. Verizon is CDMA & iPhone is GSM. Unless you completely redo anything inside that has anything to do with the phone, you won't get it to work on Verizon.
    hey, i was just wondering... if Verizon is CDMA and iPhone is GSM, what is t-mobile? because i have an unlocked iphone on t-mobile, and my 2 brothers, and 1 of my sisters have unlocked blackberry storms on t-mobile. How come they can unlock storms for T-mobile, but iPhones cant be unlocked for Verizon? when iphones can be unlocked for t-mobile, and storms can also be unlocked on t-mobile?.... sounds kinda confusing but yea...

Why is it confusing T-Mobile, like most carriers throughout the world, use GSM. Apart from their strange 3G frequencies they are normal GSM unlike Verizon who use a weird system that means they need completely different phones.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

T-mobile is GSM. That is why iPhones can be unlocked to work on T-mobile.
    Not so sure as for the Storm though... never seen an unlocked storm before..

Why is it confusing T-Mobile, like most carriers throughout the world, use GSM. Apart from their strange 3G frequencies they are normal GSM unlike Verizon who use a weird system that means they need completely different phones.
    The Blackberry storm is a verizon phone.. therefore CDMA. I think HDoan112 was trying to ask why you can get a Storm on T-mobile and not an iPhone on Verizon.
    Last edited by angiepangie; 09-09-2009 at 02:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

The Storm has 'Global Capabilities' - in other words it works on GSM as well as CDMA

Verizon realize that the rest of the world uses GSM so they need to provide capabilities for their phones to work on other networks.

Virtually no one else uses CDMA so no one else provides CDMA capabilities.
    Last edited by confucious; 09-09-2009 at 02:17 AM.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

HDoan112 (09-09-2009)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Yes, Apple/AT&T works ... but without choices, there will always be a significant market share Apple can not penetrate. If the % were small ... then who cares. Thank goodness it's big. In the beginning Apple needed a carrier to open their new product line. That's no longer the case. Apple can (and will) sell their iPhone's at a premium (just like Mac's over PC) all day without any exclusives. And think about the programing/testing/support savings that can be saved and improved customer satisfaction if they removed the carrier restriction crapola

Think how easy that would be if there were standards - as in the rest of the world so just removing the carrier lock means your phone can be used on any network.

Due to the weird networks you have in the USA that is not possible without hardware changes.

It's a pity you don't have free competition in the USA....

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by angiepangie View Post
    I think HDoan112 was trying to ask why you can get a Storm on T-mobile and not an iPhone on Verizon.
    that is exactly what i was asking.

The Storm has 'Global Capabilities' - in other words it works on GSM as well as CDMA

Verizon realize that the rest of the world uses GSM so they need to provide capabilities for their phones to work on other networks.

Virtually no one else uses CDMA so no one else provides CDMA capabilities.
    thanks, i understand now

Thanks

Think how easy that would be if there were standards - as in the rest of the world so just removing the carrier lock means your phone can be used on any network.

Due to the weird networks you have in the USA that is not possible without hardware changes.

It's a pity you don't have free competition in the USA....
    I love the irony of your comment. It's so true here wew are in this large free market no monopoly allowed country however the reality is that we selectively allow a monopoly to exist when it seems that it will be harmless.
    I should be allowed to use the phone I want with the service I want it's that simple otherwise they shouldn't sell iPhones in stores without a contract or activation fee.
    Just venting sorry
    Thanks to all of you @ Modmyi for all of the help you've provided
    Take a second and hit The Thanks button if someone helps you

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12