Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Programming the voicemail button

Default Programming the voicemail button
    hi all,
    I got my iphone (1.1.3->1.1.4, jb/unlock/act via ziphone) a few days ago, also crunched thru the various posts here.

Tried to setup the voicemail button using the *5005*86*<voicemail nbr># method. Somehow this does not work for my carrier. My carrier is using *92 as a shortcut to listen the voicemail; there is also a generic access 92339233 to access to you voicemail top menu (will ask for phone #, password, and a number of choices...)

*5005*86**92# ---- does not work
    *5005*86*92339233# -- works, but I need to nav thru the menu

However, if I use the dial pad and call *92, it takes me directly to my voicemail inbox.

Anyone knows how to resolve this, so that I can go directly to my voicemail inbox?

Or is there a way to check what actually the phone dialled when I press the voicemail button? that may get some hints to the problem.

thanks in adv.

This seems helpful to me too. Anyone know of any suggestions?
    Thank you,
    David Branco

Thanks

me too, cept i dont have voicemail and the bubble is constantly there... mocking me!

thank god i never had to go through this.... pressing voicemail on my iPhone takes me directly to my Rogers voicemail... never did anything to it...

Green Apple
    Thanks

normally, the voicemail information aka number, is stored in your sim card by your carrier, otherwise you would need to set it up in the device. have you ever tried having it call your own number getting you directly to your voicemail then hitting pound or whatever, that would seem the easiest way to do it.