Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: FIDO: Red-dot for voicemail won't go away

Thanks
    on the settings.. under sounds... anyway... just realized i'm wrong....
    Smile!!!
    Version 1.1.2 Updated
    Sim Unlocked

My problem is the opposite. I never had the red dot, I want it to work when there is voicemail.
    I had a 1.1.2 otb with turbosim. Unlocked with ziphone and got rid of the turbosim. Got a new sim card (i think it's an old version) and the red dot still isn't there. Is it just a matter of getting a new sim? series 2000 or 20000 which is 3g? Does the red dot work fine for anyone on Fido? I know the fix is just getting a 4000 series sim on rogers, but apparently fido doesn't have that series.

Quote Originally Posted by andishae View Post
    so is this the solution, get a brand new sim card and stick it in... what if this doesn't work. if you try this pls give us an update.

once again i dont have voicemail on my fido phone and i dont want voicemail...

but the red dot stays on my phone icon at all times with or without a missed call and the one on my voicemail button has been there and has never left since i got my phone...
    I had the same problem with my pwned iphone. Called tmobile and the tech said to press the * (star) as soon as my voice mail greeting came up and then I was prompted to enter my mailbox password. From then on, after all messages were read the red dot went away....

Just my .02 cents.

Here is the solution.

1.) Call your cellphone from another line.
    2.) Leave yourself a voice mail.
    3.) Listen to the voice mail.
    4.) Delete it.
    5.) Viola.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hiya all, I got it fixed by reinstalling ******* (because I already had it before) over from Cydia!

(mine is iphone 4 iOS 4.02 using T-Mobile network) The icon showed up after I updated some Cydia updates.
    So yeah, try installing *******, then after the install, reboot iphone and voila! no more icon!
    Last edited by purplecola; 11-23-2010 at 02:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jp3g View Post
    Ever since I've activated my iPhone, I've had the red dot indicating voicemail. Is there any way to make this go away?

I don't have any messages on my system...so what gives?
    AFter trial and error, I found the best way to make the RED DOT go away required me to "Change" the VOICEMAIL PASSWORD.

=Go into your Voicemail (SECURITY) options to CHANGE your Password, or where ever your carrier has these settings=

You do NOT have to change the password you were using.... just ENTER your OLD PASSWORD again.

When it asks to enter your new password, USE YOUR OLD PASSWORD.... or if you don't remember it, use the last 4 digits of your Social Security Number.

Almost 30 seconds after you have entered your "new" password, your RED DOT will go away!

Just so you learn from my mistake, the entire episode of the RED DOT appearing happened as a result of DELETING A voicemail BEFORE it had finished playing!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12