Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Continuing thoughts on nextel...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Continuing thoughts on nextel...
    @@@@@@@@@@@@@
    Last edited by birdhouse1575; 12-05-2012 at 11:24 PM.

That would be a thought, me myself im a nextel customer and use nextel mainly, i would love to be able to use the iphone with it as well. However i belive the phone hardware wont support iden, thus being not possible from what ive herd. Although i hope im wrong

it's based on things like network codecs and transmitting frequencies and things. from what i recall, even if you could get the codecs and signals to match they run on different frequencies. same reason some TMO phone won't work on att - no 800 MHz built in.

iPhone? More like MyPhone chris52204's Avatar
    Thanks

you would practically need to rebuild the inside of your iphone to work on nextel. If it was possible to do it by modifying it without opening it then it would have already been done and figured out. It would be cool but it's just not possible unless your a freakin genious and know how to rebuild your iphone...lol
    If you like what I said....Hit thanks
    If you don't like what I said....Hit thanks anyways

Green Apple
    Thanks

Not possible, because iden and GSM communicate differently to the tower using difference sections of frequencies and other things. So its not possible. Besides the nextel iDEN technology will be turned off soon anyways.