Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Tracfone SIM Card with iPhone 3G?

Default Tracfone SIM Card with iPhone 3G?
    Is there any way that I'd be able to use a Tracfone SIM card with a newly bought iPhone 3G if I unlocked/jailbroke it?

sure. if you unlocked it, which is not possible yet with software.

iPhone Dev Team should have an unlocking software soon... So just wait until that happens and you'll be able to use it

iPhone? More like MyPhone rvlyssup's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ipodtouch1234 View Post
    sure. if you unlocked it, which is not possible yet with software.
    Quote Originally Posted by dstn1211 View Post
    iPhone Dev Team should have an unlocking software soon... So just wait until that happens and you'll be able to use it
    Sorry guys but you're both incorrect...

Although prepaid service providers like TracFone and NET 10 are both GSM, the software / service type is different and proprietary. That is why you cannot use a TracFone / NET 10 SIM cards on any unlocked GSM phone and vice versa.

TracFone SIM cards have been known to "lock Up" unlocked GSM phones requiring a hard reset or removal of the battery to reset the phone...
    Last edited by rvlyssup; 08-20-2008 at 11:57 PM.
    My Week 51 8Gig is "retired", currently using i580 on Boost Mobile. Yeah, I miss my i...
    Wifey's - 8GB 3G unlocked & jailbroken using blacksn0w, GO GEO!
    Also retired Week 29 4 GiG on 3.1 custom firmware & originally Unlocked & JB via WinPwn.
    Unbranded & Unlocked Custom WM6 Cingy 8125, R.I.P Cingy 8525 (WSOD)
    BB Bold, Miami Ink v3, v235, & an mpx220, all unlocked!

I have iPhone 3G with a Straightalk sim and everything is working fine. I jailbroke, installed supreme settings, enabled sup sett. in winterboard, enabled cellular data editing, then changed the apns to say 'att.mvno' on both cell and mms. Do not unlock the phone if u have an att ST sim. The only problem I'm having is my VVM isn't working.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bmcneely For This Useful Post:

Callmewhome (01-25-2011)

Do you have the step by step directions and what phone did you get the sim out of because most of the don't have sim cards

No wonder this thread ended!!!!!!! 8))) it was like burning a thread of my shirt....... GONE 8)) lmao