Results 1 to 17 of 17

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: [ROGERS] Name Display

  1. #1
    Default [ROGERS] Name Display
    Has anyone gotten the Name Display feature to work on their phone? Currently if someone calls from a number not in my contacts list, it only displays the phone number (Call display) my understanding of Name display is that it will list the name and number if someone (who is NOT in my contact list) calls me ...
    1.1.2FW w/ 4.02.13_G Baseband. Rock Solid!

  2. #2
    Livin the iPhone Life Eurisko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    3,308
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 562 Times in 483 Posts

    Some people with Rogers have described the same problem. What version of firmware do you have?
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    Some people with Rogers have described the same problem. What version of firmware do you have?
    v 1.1.2
    1.1.2FW w/ 4.02.13_G Baseband. Rock Solid!

  4. #4
    Livin the iPhone Life Eurisko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    3,308
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 562 Times in 483 Posts

    And not to be dumb, but you're sure you're subscribed to Name Display? Unfortunately Rogers won't investigate any problems for you. Not because its an iPhone, just because they don't support phones they don't sell.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    And not to be dumb, but you're sure you're subscribed to Name Display? Unfortunately Rogers won't investigate any problems for you. Not because its an iPhone, just because they don't support phones they don't sell.

    Yup..I double checked my account with them and I do have Name display. So basically I would be a happy man if they could get:

    1. Name display to work on iPhone
    2. Get that SMS timestamp feature to properly work (sometimes it works, sometimes it's off by 6-7 hours..)
    1.1.2FW w/ 4.02.13_G Baseband. Rock Solid!

  6. #6
    I used to have name display on my old phone....as soon as I switched to the iPhone it stopped working which makes me believe it's a limitation on the phone.

  7. #7
    iPhone? More like MyPhone echo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    YYZ & KUL
    Posts
    197
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 23 Times in 21 Posts

    Same here. I am on Fido and subscribe to name display as well (I have the $18 value pack to take advantage of 4 months of unlimited EDGE). Prior to the iPhone, I used to get names displayed whenever someone called who wasn't in my phonebook (I was using a Nokia 8801). Since switching over to the iPhone, nothing.
    15.4" 2.8GHz Unibody MacBook Pro
    Pwnage Unlocked 16GB iPhone (2.1)
    Apple Unlocked 16GB 3G iPhone (2.2)

  8. #8
    so is there any known fix for this issue, i have the same situation on rogers...i get the number and not the name

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by tangle View Post
    so is there any known fix for this issue, i have the same situation on rogers...i get the number and not the name
    same here ! anyone figure this one out yet ?

  10. #10
    iPhone? More like MyPhone doogee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    151
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts

    I have no name display but I don't have the Timestamp issue using 1.1.4

  11. #11
    do not use iSim to import contact info from your sim card into your iphone, it won't work properly. I had to use Simport instead to import all my contacts into the iphone, now the name display works correctly !!! currently on winpwn'd iphone v1.1.4 with Rogers, hope this helps !

  12. #12
    iPhone? More like MyPhone doogee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    151
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by monica_69 View Post
    do not use iSim to import contact info from your sim card into your iphone, it won't work properly. I had to use Simport instead to import all my contacts into the iphone, now the name display works correctly !!! currently on winpwn'd iphone v1.1.4 with Rogers, hope this helps !
    We aren't talking about people in our phone book not being displayed. It's the names from numbers that aren't in our phonebooks that aren't showing up. Just the numbers are.

  13. #13
    any progress on this? Id love my NAME DISPLAY to actually work.

    I know a moderator here says his works, Or had says his worked back in feb.. does it still work??

  14. #14
    Thumbs down No Name Display
    I looked into this and talked to Rogers iPhone tech support person and found out that the iPhone does NOT support Name display. This covers people that are not already in your iPhone Phonebook.

    He also went on to tell me that the iPhone has to be modified to enable this function which Apple will not let them do.

    BTW if you want to add name display its an extra $2 per month.

    Nice - No MMS or Name Display.

    [This post refers to the iPhone 3G running firmware 2.0.0. I would imagine this would apply to the older iPhone as well.]

  15. #15
    Yes...this still applies to the 1st generation IPhone as well......damn... Oh well, looks like I'll call Rogers to see what else they can do for me if I take Name display away from my Value pack...

    Quote Originally Posted by punisher101 View Post
    I looked into this and talked to Rogers iPhone tech support person and found out that the iPhone does NOT support Name display. This covers people that are not already in your iPhone Phonebook.

    He also went on to tell me that the iPhone has to be modified to enable this function which Apple will not let them do.

    BTW if you want to add name display its an extra $2 per month.

    Nice - No MMS or Name Display.

    [This post refers to the iPhone 3G running firmware 2.0.0. I would imagine this would apply to the older iPhone as well.]
    1.1.2FW w/ 4.02.13_G Baseband. Rock Solid!

  16. #16
    iPhoneaholic tyfly867's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Posts
    330
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 22 Times in 20 Posts

    is name display available through ATT? The only thing cool i noticed here is that when a number not in your contacts calls, iphone knows where the area code originates from.
    If I helped you out in any way, hit the Thanks Button.

    iPhone? More like TyPhone

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Sony311 View Post
    Yes...this still applies to the 1st generation IPhone as well......damn... Oh well, looks like I'll call Rogers to see what else they can do for me if I take Name display away from my Value pack...
    Name Display not working with Iphone
    I called all over fido and Rogers and apple I found out apple iPhone don't have that also don't have call forward busy call forward
    I am going return iPhone and get my money back also battery eat too much

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •