Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Voicemail Notification and Call Divert on o2 unlocked (will work for others)

Default Voicemail Notification and Call Divert tested on 1.1.1>1.1.3
    OK, finally got a proper fix and here is the info I've gathered from numerous sources and sites, thanks to all those posters and the help they have given me in getting my O2-UK, 1.1.3 phone working as it should.

I'm sure many of you know this but there are just as many who still dont, this mail is intended to help them.

Assuming you have 1.1.1 up to 1.1.3 unlocked here is what you have to do for a fully working VM on O2 (everything except visual, the ability to select the order) if you have another carrier you have to subtitute where you see 901 with your carriers short code for accessing VM

Firstly If you are on 1.1.1 To get have the ability to recieve text messages from short form text senders (Voice Mail, Bank's, Skype etc):
    Download and install "SMS Fix" from http://i.unlock.no via installer

For all other versions start here:

To activate and set your voicemail button in the calls menu:
    go to keypad number entry and type in *5005*86*901# then press Call
    This means when you touch the voicemail icon it will dial your O2 Voicemail (you can replace 901 with other carriers numbers)

Make sure Call Forwarding is switched off >settings>phone>call forwarding "set to off"
    This facility forwards calls without ringing, and should not be active when using diverts

To activate your call diverts:
    go to keypad number entry and type *004*901# then press call This activates the ability to forward calls after ringing, you should see a confirmation screen telling you that diverts are active

To set the number of rings before the call is diverted:
    go to keypad number entry and type in **61*901**20# then press Call
    This sets divert to 20 seconds, you can use other values but 20 is typical and 30 is the maximum.

For other carriers just replace 901 in all you see above with your carriers number

Now O2 users should dial thier service provider on 901 by pressing the voicemail icon, listen to the menu options and select the settings option for voicemail notification options, you will hear there is now an option to select a voice mail notification symbol if you select this it will show as a red dot on your voicemail button, you still have the options to select text notification or ringback if you dont like the red dot.

Assuming you selected the notification by symbol option, when you find a missed call you will see the usual red dot on the phone icon, if there is also a message you will see a + beside the number of missed calls. when you click the phone icon you will see the usual red icon on recent calls this shows the number that called, now look at the voicemail icon on the right, if there is a voicemail left this will also have a red dot signifying a message is waiting, if there is no red dot on voicemail it means they called but did not leave a message.

This worked perfectly on my o2 1.1.3 ZiPhone unlocked phone but you try it on yours at your own risk,

hope some of you find this usefull
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -iphone-vm-001.jpg   -iphone-vm-002.jpg  
    Last edited by ericidle; 03-09-2008 at 07:31 AM. Reason: updated for 1.1.3
    Eric's iPhone 4 4.01 offically unlocked

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ericidle For This Useful Post:

arifabdullah (01-29-2008), B1naryBand1t (12-29-2007), Bishto (01-23-2008), Gordon (03-20-2008), jtanner (12-19-2007), lparkes (12-30-2007), phirvonen (12-22-2007), r1tricky (12-07-2007), vikasmal (01-03-2008)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ericidle View Post
    This sets divert to 20 seconds, you can use other values but 20 is typical.
    30# is the longest you can go, any higher value will be ignored.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Eurisko For This Useful Post:

ericidle (12-04-2007)

What would be Fido's # to input...My voicemail works and I get a Txt back but none on the Voicemail button

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bianca View Post
    What would be Fido's # to input...My voicemail works and I get a Txt back but none on the Voicemail button
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Eurisko For This Useful Post:

ericidle (12-29-2007)

Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    30# is the longest you can go, any higher value will be ignored.
    Updated, thanks for the input

I get the txt saying that I got a missed call but still no button on the Voicemail Oh Well thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bianca View Post
    I get the txt saying that I got a missed call but still no button on the Voicemail Oh Well thanks
    Read the section again regarding calling O2, unfortunatly it depends on your carrier and the service they offer. In the UK o2 have a notification option to select, call back, text or symbol. you can only have one active so to have the red dot you must select symbol. Not all carriers offer this.

Good luck with FIDO

Long time no see, ericidle.

Tested the settings above and it's working fine in Finland, carrier (Telia)Sonera, using JB/UNL 1.1.1. Don't have the symbol notification option from the carrier though, so can't confirm that, i.e. SMS notification ok. Thanks for this releaving tutorial, have been searching for a solution for a while now.
    Last edited by phirvonen; 12-19-2007 at 03:48 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to phirvonen For This Useful Post:

ericidle (12-19-2007)

Glad to help, just trying to put a little back for all the help I've been given here

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ericidle For This Useful Post:

phirvonen (12-22-2007)

Default Carrier number
    Hi,
    Can somebody tell me how to find out my carriers number?
    I'm using Swisscom.
    Thanks

Hi dont have that info but perhaps you can check thier website or call them to ask, its legitimate question to ask if there is a short from number to call voicemail for any provider

Good Luck
    Last edited by ericidle; 12-29-2007 at 05:52 AM.

Got my VVM working after your help, 1 thing i did was to reset all settings once i did everything else and ding dong fully functional. Thanked

Default undo
    how do you undo the*5005* 86*901#

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

sorry if this is a dumb question, but what's an o2?

Quote Originally Posted by janek3088 View Post
    sorry if this is a dumb question, but what's an o2?
    o2 is a service provider in the UK, currently the only one contracted to offer the iPhone here and even though I'm unlocked I still use them

Quote Originally Posted by nophin View Post
    how do you undo the*5005* 86*901#
    All you need to do is find out the number you should use and re enter, replacing 901 with the number your service provider uses.

901 is the short code access to o2-UK voicemail, wherever you see 901 in the above guide you need to replace that with the number for your service provider.
    Good Luck
    Last edited by ericidle; 01-05-2008 at 04:56 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

To activate and set your voicemail button in the calls menu:
    go to keypad number entry and type in *5005*86*901# then press Call
    This means when you touch the voicemail icon it will dial your O2 Voicemail (you can replace 901 with other carriers numbers)

Make sure Call Forwarding is switched off >settings>phone>call forwarding "set to off"
    This facility forwards calls without ringing, and should not be active when using diverts

To activate your call diverts:
    go to keypad number entry and type *004*901# then press call This activates the ability to forward calls after ringing, you should see a confirmation screen telling you that diverts are active

This sets divert to 20 seconds, you can use other values but 20 is typical and 30 is the maximum.

For other carriers just replace 901 in all you see above with your carriers number

hope some of you find this usefull
    GOD Thank you so much for this. Really Really helped and was getting worried on how to accomplish this. THANK YOU.

Cheers.

o2 is a service provider in the UK, currently the only one contracted to offer the iPhone here and even though I'm unlocked I still use them

All you need to do is find out the number you should use and re enter, replacing 901 with the number your service provider uses.

901 is the short code access to o2-UK voicemail, wherever you see 901 in the above gude you need to replace that with the number for your service provider.

Good Luck
    Is there a list somewhere that provides the carrier numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by nophin View Post
    Is there a list somewhere that provides the carrier numbers?
    what is your carrier and country?

You can alwasy try to google for "voicemail access number"yourcarriername

I found this http://www.bridog.net/cellular/voicemail.txt very quickly I'm sure you can do better with the information you know about your carrier and location

Default T-Mobile
    Does it automatically start playing your voicemail?

Mine calls my voicemail as if I wanted to leave a message, i.e., "leave a message..."

I'm using T-Mobile, so when this happens I have to press * and enter my PIN--as is necessary when calling from "another phone."

I was wondering if there is a way to speed this up since I AM calling from the phone--not "another phone."

Thanks,

Brent

check this step *5005*86*901#

It sounds like you programmed the voice mail button with the wrong number, you should use the voicemail access code for your service provider. the code shown as 901 is only for O2-UK
    Last edited by ericidle; 01-11-2008 at 07:34 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast