Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: O2 sims work with OOTB 1.1.2. US iPhone?

Default O2 sims work with OOTB 1.1.2. US iPhone?
    As the title says will the O2 sims work with OOTB 1.1.2 US iPhone. I ask this because I'll be going to the UK in this coming monday. I purchased an OOTB 1.1.2 US iPhone last weekend and just patiently waiting for the unlock solution to come out.

However, I'd like to use my iphone if I can when I'm out there with O2 pay as you go sims because my current cell phone isn't unlocked. Does anyone know if they'll work with my OOTB 1.1.2 US iPhone?

Thanks

If you brought the phone in the US, it should be locked only on AT&T... only locked UK version iPhones work with 02.
    Last edited by Dom; 11-29-2007 at 05:09 PM.

Oh that sucks. now i have a weekend to hunt down a loaner unlocked GSM phone for 2 weeks.

wait... someone tell me what's the difference between the OOTB Locked US iPhone (AT&T) vs. the OOTB Locked UK iPhone (O2)?

do they run different firmware/baseband/modem firmware?
    Last edited by jmeelo; 11-30-2007 at 01:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

There is no difference other than that the phones are locked to carrier. This is in order to prevent the use of phones on the wrong carier.

Sucks for many trying to cheat the system and get a cheaper iPhone.

okay... well i question then is how do they lock it per carrier? is it in the hardware or firmware(software)