Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: O2 & iphone's dirty trick

Default O2 & iphone's dirty trick
    Man.. i went to O2 store today
    Originally i wanted to switch to O2 from another network
    but then they just told me that it's not possible to switch to the iphone data plan without that blank O2 sim card and they don't do it in the store, just itunes..
    so i am forced to buy another iPhone.. again

Quote Originally Posted by bookmark View Post
    Man.. i went to O2 store today
    Originally i wanted to switch to O2 from another network
    but then they just told me that it's not possible to switch to the iphone data plan without that blank O2 sim card and they don't do it in the store, just itunes..
    so i am forced to buy another iPhone.. again
    Don't that have a deal where you can get a freebie phone with new service? Or do they activate the phone right there if you do that?

Alternatively, can't you tell them you bought the phone from someone or that it was previously activated on someone else's number, and now you want to take it over and sign with them? Using that excuse here in the States with AT&T always worked. They just charged me a nominal service charge for the SIM.
    Je t'aime encore, Roguette

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Murfunit For This Useful Post:

bookmark (11-27-2007)

why don't you unlock your iPhone (if it isn't already) then get the online Simplicity tariff from O2:

400 txts, 200 mins, unlimited data (with bolt on) all for £22.50 (or £15 without data).

Surely thats a better deal, there are other more expensive tariffs if you want more.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to joshysquashy For This Useful Post:

bookmark (11-27-2007)

Just open an account and take a freebie phone like Murfunit says then take that sim card and activate the iphone through iTunes for the data plan. I don't believe they would turn down a new customer. If the store don't do that call the main office. As for the getting the data plan was told the same by at&t here too.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to vincent6396 For This Useful Post:

bookmark (11-27-2007)

Thanks guys, that might work
    I just tried to register on itunes, but somehow they told me my address is not even registered on their system yet. So i might as well return the phone to apple store and use that 2nd hand phone trick.

Thanks again guys