Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Post your Rogers bills

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Post your Rogers bills
    Hey All,

I am headed back to Vancouver from Japan in 3 days and was reading at Rogers the ARPU is now a "wallet crushing" $72

When I left Bell 4 years ago they had the highest ARPU at $49, what a change in the past years.

What is your latest or average, highest or lowest bill and do you have any advice for new users?

Regards,
    Gixx

iPhone? More like MyPhone doogee's Avatar
    Thanks

Highest: $957
    Lowest: $75
    Average: $75

The 900 was because I didn't have unlimited data at the time. Didn't end up having to pay it :P

Quote Originally Posted by doogee View Post

The 900 was because I didn't have unlimited data at the time. Didn't end up having to pay it :P
    How'd you get out of that one. Play dumb and don't tell them you have an iPhone?
    My current phone's toast and I want an iPhone!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Unlimited data plan?

I wasn't aware there was one, do tell

Thanks

I got out because, I told them I had been signed up for unlimited data before the time all the data was used. They had no records for proof, so they let the charges go

I've been on the $20 Communicate Pack for about 4 months now without any Data charges.
    Including any usage! Maps, Safari, you name it.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to doogee For This Useful Post:

gixxstar (05-14-2008)

Green Apple
    Thanks

I got out because, I told them I had been signed up for unlimited data before the time all the data was used. They had no records for proof, so they let the charges go

I've been on the $20 Communicate Pack for about 4 months now without any Data charges.
    Including any usage! Maps, Safari, you name it.
    Really thats the plan I have coming, did you have to get a WAP application so the iphone can use the plans unlimited WAP access or you just hooked up the plan and gave it a try???

Does your plan look like this:

I will have 150+50 bonus, daytime minutes, unlimited evenings/weekends and the $20 communicate package on a Sony Erikson W580 (which I will swap out the SIM card to my iphone)

Thanks,
    Gixx

Same qusetion @_@ I also want the unlimited data plan, but they said rogers doesn't support iphones.

Waiting for doogee's reply ^_^
    I think ... I do ... in my utopia ...

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=324941&dateline=12156  49304

Thanks

I'll get back to you as soon as the rogers site starts working again. I'll post my exact plan.

Yes PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE....

I switched from a blackberry a couple of months ago along with my wife. She's not in wifi teratory like I am 90% of the time, and I just got a bill for her for $180 of voice and *$3000*!!! of data.
    I talked to rogers 'data customer care' center, told them the TRUTH, that I always thought my blackberry plan was 250MB/mo for the $60 they charge me. They said no, it was 25MB/mo, and extra MB were billed at *SEVEN DOLLARS EACH*. I said I had no such knowledge, and we have NEVER had a paper contract.... They said they'd have someone higher level call me in a couple of days... Yesterday, a week later, no phone call, and they CUT OFF ALL MY PHONES saying I now have to pay $5000 and change to get them reactivated!

UNBELIVABLE...

I may just start a new account or move to FIDO (which sadly is owned by the scam artists!)

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.. I can't believe this nonsense!

E

Thanks

That's total bs. If you didn't know they should take atleast most of the charges away. Give them a call. I've been told no before, but I kept calling and bugging them until they finally voided all my data charges.

My Current Price Plan
    350/Unltd Early Eve/Wkds Plan - $47.00

* 350 Wkday / Unltd. Eve/Wkend

Additional Services

* Network Features *
    * Detailed Billing
    * 1000 Picture or Video Msgs.
    * 2500 Sent/Unl. Received Txt
    * Unlimited WAP Browsing

Additional Charges**

* 911 Emergency Svc Access Fee - $0.50 - Monthly
    * System Access Fee - $6.95 - Monthly

My Current Wireless Essentials

Essential
    $20 Communicate Value Pack

Now I know it says "Unlimited WAP Browsing" but all 3rd party apps have been free. I haven't been charged for anything ever. Not even YouTube.
    Last edited by doogee; 05-18-2008 at 02:07 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

that is a great package, I'm waiting to see how mine turns out.

But I think I need to perform unlocking again....

So you're saying you got the unlimited wap package, but put your sim card into your iphone and have had no trouble getting full internet access via EDGE connection?

That would be a very nice thing I always assumed they either kept a record of the IMEI of the wap-only phone they supplied you with, or that all the wap sites were accessed via a proxy server that their wap phones talked to...

More info would be GREATLY apreciated! Did you change the IMEI on your Iphone?

Also, out of curiosity, when you were fighting over your crazy data bill, which department did you talk to ?

Thanks!

Bozak

Thanks

Yes never had a problem. I never changed my IMEI or anything.

I believe I called tech support and eventually they forwarded me to a Data rep. From there I told them I was being charged when I was told I wouldn't be. He took the charges off almost immediately.

So tell them you've used the connection in the past and have never had this problem. You could say you're still on the blackberry too.