Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unlocked iPhone & O2 visual voicemail

Default Unlocked iPhone & O2 visual voicemail
    I have an unlocked 1.1.1 iPhone brought over from the states a couple of months back (I'm in the UK). Now that the phone has been released on O2 over here, is it possible to make visual voicemail work with my phone with this firmware? (Or 1.1.2?) Seeing as I'm on O2 as it is.
    Currently I've used the *5005*86*xxx# hack to dial my current voicemail number.

tia

James

Hey James, for visual voicemail to function on the iphone with O2 your gonna need to get yourself a specific O2 for iphone contract, because the visual voicemail is only available on an iphone contract, its not something that can be added to a standard O2 contract, it probably could be bt O2 are not allowing it. Also If you were to get the iphone contract you would need first to somehow get the 1.1.2 firmware to recognise the phone as being ready to activate with O2.

Im not exactly sure how this would work, but maybe someone else could answer this,

"Is there anyway or will there be anyway to put the Uk equivalent firmware on the iphone so when you plug it into Itunes it will go to O2 activation sequence in place of the Usa firmware"

I could also do with knowing this because it could in effect make the iphone more uk friendly if it were unlocked after restoring to the uk firmware, if there is such a thing, It could be that all firmware be it USA or Uk are exactly the same and that the O2 activation process is what determines the settings to make it uk friendly.