Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: OFFICIAL: Fido & Rogers Thread

iPhone? More like MyPhone iChopPryde's Avatar
    Thanks

Default OFFICIAL: Fido & Rogers Thread
    Ok I am sorry I just had to create this there is just way to many rogers and or fido threads talking about the same thing its really confusing all us canadian fido rogers users please post in here so we can help out each other in an easy to see place

ok so I know theres a lot of hype surrounding the fact Rogers is getting the iPhone but I just got off the phone with my Fido agent and I was basically trying to sucker them into giving me a better Data Plan well they did offer something better 25mb a month for $10 but I still didnt take it. I didnt mention I had an iPhone but she brought the iPhone up and they mentioned they are getting the iphone around September and it will be the new iphone 2 that is coming out so I was shocked when she told me this and she told me she received an email a few days ago so it looks like Fido is getting the iphone same time rogers is. I also know there the same company but I figured they would keep the iphone just for rogers but this is great news for us Fido users.

I also got more interesting news she was telling me they are aware they are going to need to compete with the Data in the US so since the iphone uses wifi as well there plan is to use the wifi feature so im assuming there going to blanket the major cities and you can use wifi anywhere which I think is a good idea and hopefully would be cheaper then what we pay now on data! Would this be faster then 3g or slower and why wouldnt they use 3g or maybe they are combining the 2 with wifi/3g I dunno but its interesting news is all I wanted to share with you all.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I read that Rogers offers WIFI calling with the 8120 BB Pearl, can I get the same deal with my unlocked iphone on Rogers?

Just can't wait to see the BRANDED firmware.

As well as the music app they have to find out name of song playing ( like listen by erica sudan )

Green Apple
    Thanks

Finally Canada makes another move forward, thankfully both Fido and Rogers will have WIFI calling! Check out the article in the Vancouver Sun:

http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/n...048196&k=54918

iPhone? More like MyPhone iChopPryde's Avatar
    Thanks

So does this mean we can get this plan for hte iphone and we can use the internet unlimited can someone give more details or is this strictly for calling use I just dont see why you can use it as internet since thats what its using?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iChopPryde View Post
    So does this mean we can get this plan for hte iphone and we can use the internet unlimited can someone give more details or is this strictly for calling use I just dont see why you can use it as internet since thats what its using?
    I would assume no, but you would be best of calling a Roger CSR.

Thanks

Rogers CSR's know very little at this point as no communication has been provided encompassing what plans will be developed for the iPhone or what services will include the iPhone. Any CSR giving you information is pulling it out of their ***, and it did not come from Rogers.

Regarding the WiFI phone service, don't get your hopes up too high. You will only be able to use it with unlicensed (non-commercial) WiFi signals (like you have at home with your wireless router) or at Hotspots, with which you will still pay connection fees. Blanketing all major cities with WiFi, although a nice idea, would be a major undertaking.

And lastly regarding the Listen service, Rogers did not offer this, MuchMusic did. And only certain Rogers phones (in alliance with MuchMusic) would work with this service.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Eurisko For This Useful Post:

gixxstar (05-07-2008)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Thanks for the great information, I assume you work at Rogers, again thanks for sharing your expertise.

CSR's are famous for pulling things out of their ***, rabbits not included

I personally would be interested in the home/hotspot based WIFI calling to save calling minutes, as I use my mobile as my only phone.

Gixx

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gixxstar View Post
    Thanks for the great information, I assume you work at Rogers, again thanks for sharing your expertise.

CSR's are famous for pulling things out of their ***, rabbits not included

I personally would be interested in the home/hotspot based WIFI calling to save calling minutes, as I use my mobile as my only phone.

Gixx
    Yup, I do. Near marketing so I get all the juicy stuff.

The Wifi service is being rolled out today if you're interested.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Eurisko For This Useful Post:

gixxstar (05-07-2008)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Thanks I'll be back in Canada soon, and my buddies place is already hooked up with WIFI so the up-date to this service would save both of us.