Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Rogers + iPhone = Official

Default Rogers + iPhone = Official
    http://www.reportonbusiness.com/serv...ogersstaff0429

Rogers bringing iPhone to Canada

CATHERINE MCLEAN

Globe and Mail Update

April 29, 2008 at 8:37 AM EDT

Rogers Communications Inc. said on Tuesday that it has reached an agreement to bring Apple's iPhone to Canada, a move that promises to bring more growth to its cellphone business after the unit posted a 16 per cent revenue gain in the first quarter.

Rogers is benefiting from its position as the only cellphone carrier in Canada that uses the world wireless standard, GSM. As a result, it collects most of the revenue from people who use their cellphones when abroad and from visitors to Canada. The company is now the first in Canada to get its hands on the iPhone, which runs on GSM and has already been launched in the United States and Europe. Rogers didn't give any further details about when it will launch the iPhone here and at what price.
    Granted that most of us have iPhone's already running on Rogers... now we'll be able to get iPhone 2 without having to worry about unlocking it.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MattOnDemand For This Useful Post:

bjlawrence11 (05-09-2008)

if the data plan is expensive, I could never concern about it !
    I think ... I do ... in my utopia ...

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=324941&dateline=12156  49304

iPhone? More like MyPhone iChopPryde's Avatar
    Thanks

Rogers may have the iphone but seriously this data plan is gonna be crazy expensive it took Apple and Rogers to come to an argreement for like a year thats way to long, everyone in Canada already owns iphones we just now may have a service where we can get data plans from. I seriously think though it wont be unlimited internet.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to iChopPryde For This Useful Post:

bjlawrence11 (05-09-2008)

Quote Originally Posted by iChopPryde View Post
    Rogers may have the iphone but seriously this data plan is gonna be crazy expensive it took Apple and Rogers to come to an argreement for like a year thats way to long, everyone in Canada already owns iphones we just now may have a service where we can get data plans from. I seriously think though it wont be unlimited internet.
    Wish it is unlimited data plan

I saw a Rogers employee said one of the reasons that iphone cannot come in CA is the limited data plan.

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=324941&dateline=12156  49304

Thanks

Ya this plan is going to be exspensive I was reading the newspaper today and Rogers himself said this phone isnt for the average consumer the plans are going to be atleast $100 + so im assuming plans will be more in the 125-150 range and I DOUBT it will even be unlimited internet .... anyway ill stick with my fido plan if thats what rogers plans to charge what a rip off in the us 59 and for us 100+ give me a ******* break!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to iChopPryde For This Useful Post:

wao1201 (05-02-2008)

Yea. So do I ......

What the hell they think ? (Rogers)

Hey there experts, riddle me this...
    Can't you disable the EDGE network usage altogether, and rely on Wireless completely? Or would that render email, internet, etc. completely useless?

I'm new around here, just trying to wrap my head around my iPhone possibilities...

Thanks

yes you can do that as long as you have a jailbroken iphone in installer download Boss Prefs and there you can disable edge it also increases your battery life significantly

I dont get it??? Is there a difference between Wireless and EDGE???

Quote Originally Posted by chr_mar View Post
    I dont get it??? Is there a difference between Wireless and EDGE???
    wireless as in WIFI and Edge as in GPRS

Well there is another way without downloading any software to your iphone. Simply call *811 and say "Customer Service" lol
    Than you can tell them to disable the internet on your account. Thats it. On my IPhone it says cannot connect with EDGE when I'm not connected to Wireless Networks. Simply I wont use Rogers Interent because it is 15 cents per KB. Are you ***** kiddin me? fuk rogers.