Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
10-29-2007, 01:49 PM #1Questions for Canadian/Roger's users
Hey guys... I apologize as Im sure these questions hav already been covered. I've looked around and haven't found many of the questions I have. So any help is greatly appreciated.
1. If I go to an American Apple Store, can I purchase an iPhone without purchasing a plan and with no questions asked?
2. I assume if I unlock the phone and switch the sim card from my current phone into an unlocked iPhone Im going to need a data plan to use the EDGE network?
3. Am I looking at any other fee's other than a data plan fee?
4. Are there any other things I should be aware of?
Last edited by ferrdidly; 10-29-2007 at 01:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
10-29-2007, 04:48 PM #2
2, Yes you will
3. No other fees. Only your GPRS data cost. Currently neither Rogers nor Fido have very attractive data plans.
4. You have to smuggle it in to avoid questions+taxes. And if you're unlucky like me (one of my speakers doesn't work), you'll have to find a way to exchange it. That may be difficult.
04-23-2008, 08:13 AM #3
seems silly to respond this late but:
I don't think one speaker is broken. I believe on all iPhones only the left 'speaker' makes noise. The other one is a microphone.