Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 5 yr. Old Mac... is there anything I can use to help start the mod process?

Red face 5 yr. Old Mac... is there anything I can use to help start the mod process?
    I'm using a 5 yr. old powerbook g4 right now, and just recently purchased an iPhone. is there any program that works right now so that I can start modding the phone with? also: how do I move the buttons around on the screen (i.e. just the phone and ipod functions at the bottom of the screen)? are ringtones tricky to add and do I have to add them all at the same time? oh and the big question... If its an image file, can it be replaced with my own design, and if so are there certain specs, such as ppi and sizes that they are supposed to be?

I know I asked a lot of questions, but I'm totally new to the whole modding thing and just don't want to end up with a $600 paperweight!

Thanks for your patience with this noob

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,809 Times in 1,229 Posts

So far nothing works on PPC, well, iphoneinterface works, but jailbreak doesn't, so you can't mod it until you've run that. You're gonna need a Windows or an Intel box.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

take it to a coffee house