+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: options on bad esn, unlock, change imei, flash , any answers?

is a discussion within the

OS X Specific Modding Discussion

forums, a part of the

Computer Modding Software

section;
i bought an iphone4s on ebay. the phone looked new. when i turned it on it had service. i used the phone for about 10 days. then i got a
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default options on bad esn, unlock, change imei, flash , any answers?
    i bought an iphone4s on ebay. the phone looked new. when i turned it on it had service. i used the phone for about 10 days. then i got a recording which said i owed $400. i called sprint to check it out. they said the phone was lost or stolen. i contacted the seller who said he did not report it lost or stolen. gave me his name and sprint sales in his town. told them what i knew about the phone and they won't do anything about it. help

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wickster14 View Post
    i bought an iphone4s on ebay. the phone looked new. when i turned it on it had service. i used the phone for about 10 days. then i got a recording which said i owed $400. i called sprint to check it out. they said the phone was lost or stolen. i contacted the seller who said he did not report it lost or stolen. gave me his name and sprint sales in his town. told them what i knew about the phone and they won't do anything about it. help
    It sounds like the former "owner" may have lied to you, or may not have paid his phone bill or some other way of ripping you off.

If he's legitimate, he needs to contact Sprint himself to find out what happened and get things sorted out, AND get them to update their records confirming that he's transferred the phone to you.

You can't do that. You can't provide Sprint any proof that the phone belongs to you.
    If the owner was a fraudster or thief, there may be nothing you can do.
    If he's not, but Sprint somehow goofed, he's the only one who can fix it.

If he wasn't the original owner (if he bought it from someone else, who later reported it as stolen) then you're probably SOL. If there's any chance of returning the phone for a refund, I'd do it. If he won't talk to you, then your options are few.

Also, we can't help you reflash your phone to bypass the bad ESN or IMEI either.
    If Sprint thinks it's been stolen - you need to get that misunderstanding cleared first before anything else can be done about it.
    Last edited by raduga; 02-06-2012 at 03:05 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

why would sprint have it's info wrong. the guy gave me the right name of the user/owner of the phone. i used it for 10 days. why is it listed as stolen/lost. he does owe $400 on the contract.