Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Kalyway 10.5.2 OSX86

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Kalyway 10.5.2 OSX86
    Hi I know its a long shot but can anyone help me with getting the audio working on my D915GVWB intel board. Its been 2days of breaking and reinstalling Grrrrr. Any help would be much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Waddz View Post
    Hi I know its a long shot but can anyone help me with getting the audio working on my D915GVWB intel board. Its been 2days of breaking and reinstalling Grrrrr. Any help would be much appreciated.
    What sound card do you have on that board? And what version of OS X do you have running?

You don't need to reinstall the whole system for a simple driver, you can just use a kext installer.

Your best chance is to use VoodooHDA.(Google)
    iPhone 3G 4.2.1 - iPod touch 3G 5.0 Beta 1
    Windows 7 - OS X 10.5.6

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks xXrkidXx but have tried almost everything google can throw at me, hence breaking my install.

The Sound card is a Intel 82801FB aka Realtek ALC880.
    This is off device manager windows, VEN 10EC, DEV 0880.

My OSX install is as post states - Kalyway 10.5.2 with default kalyway setup/drivers.
    Everything works except sound.

Quote Originally Posted by Waddz View Post
    Thanks xXrkidXx but have tried almost everything google can throw at me, hence breaking my install.

The Sound card is a Intel 82801FB aka Realtek ALC880.
    This is off device manager windows, VEN 10EC, DEV 0880.

My OSX install is as post states - Kalyway 10.5.2 with default kalyway setup/drivers.
    Everything works except sound.
    Do a clean install. Once you have everything (Except sound) running quit fiddling. Then use Kext Helper b7 to install this driver
    ALC 880 - Downloads - Kexts.com

If that Kernel Panics then boot into Single User Mode and remove the kext. That is, if you are good with UNIX commands. You CAN reinstall if you need to.

Just keep googling around for a kext and eventually you will find one that works with your card because I know for a FACT that your card is supported.
    iPhone 3G 4.2.1 - iPod touch 3G 5.0 Beta 1
    Windows 7 - OS X 10.5.6