Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Hi can anyone help.

Default Hi can anyone help.
    I have a 3G unlocked and jailbroken iPhone. I'm on the tmobile network and am on 4.0 firmware. I used to have iPhone that was on 3.1.3 firmware that let me download from safari to my dtunes. The iPhone I have now that's on 4.0 firmware says not configured when I try to download from safari to dtunes file. Is there something I need to tet from cydia that'll let me download from safari? Plz let me know. Thnk u.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Might be an incompatibility with 4.0. I'm not 100% sure. Anybody wanna correct me? I would think you'd wanna downgrade to 3.1.x if it worked before. Sometimes iOS 4 just isn't compatible with some apps.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

stevele823 (11-01-2010)

Oic. Then besides going to 3.1.3 is there anything available in Cydia that'll do the trick? Thnx too.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

If I knew, I would've said. Sorry, thats all I know. There are definitely some problems with dtunes on iOS 4, I just don't know if what you're experiencing is one of them.

Livin the iPhone Life seann33uk's Avatar
    Thanks

what i do...
    i use the PwnTunes (app that allows syncing to any computer rather then to 1 with iTunes on)

download the music through safari (safari download manager or similar) in to the music folder (something like dcim/music or sommat)
    Hit the update musicplayer in settings, and VOLIA all my music is now in the stock player app.
    Being an i can be a lot of pressure. you have to live right up to the small point.

Thanks

Maybe it's incompatibility with that firmware you having.