+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: VMWare

is a discussion within the

OS X Specific Modding Discussion

forums, a part of the

Computer Modding Software

section;
I'm running a Mac OS X 10.5 on VMWare Workstation. Anyone know how to save the files on to the image of the Mac? Like transfer files? Because I dont
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default VMWare
    I'm running a Mac OS X 10.5 on VMWare Workstation. Anyone know how to save the files on to the image of the Mac? Like transfer files? Because I dont get internet on VMWare.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Drag & drop from MAC to host maybe??? I'm probably wrong but that's all I could guess unless transferring to somewhere else.

Thanks

I was struggling with that, but I've copied files on external USB HDD and transferring files that way, you want be able to edit Vmware image file

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

You can install 'VMware Tools' which allows drag and drop features from Windows to your Mac image.

You should be getting Internet. I run Workstation 7.x and Internet works by default settings on the latest OSX.
    Last edited by CaptainChaos; 11-14-2010 at 01:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 2,750 Times in 2,640 Posts

My internet works too on my Vmware workstation, you can transfer the files to Usb drive and then connect it to workstation and copy from there.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    You can install 'VMware Tools' which allows drag and drop features from Windows to your Mac image.

You should be getting Internet. I run Workstation 7.x and Internet works by default settings on the latest OSX.
    How do you install Vmware tools on Vmware, when I click update the Vmware software, after the installation, my Vmware doesn't open because of Darwin issue.

Can you really drag and drop from Windows to Vmware ?
    Last edited by iYeow; 11-14-2010 at 02:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes, It "mounts" my Windows C: drive into Finder of the virtual OSX. Installing VMware Tools took a couple of tries, but all I did was run it from the desktop of OSX. It may have been packaged with my Darwin ISO that I run to boot Snowleopard. I did not do it through the VMware update option.