Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: UK pre fix numbers?

Default UK pre fix numbers?
    Hi folks,

I have unlocked my iphone using the guide on here, which was a dream by the way!

I am in the uk and as you may or may not now our numbers are pre fix with +44 at the start instead of the zero.

How can i get my iphone to recognise this?

and also the numbers are all usa style like 111-111-111 how can i just get a UK arranged number?
    help will be so appreciated, thank you!

love this forum!

ok folks so i found this which is great;

How do I fix my number format from being xxx-xxx-xxxx to xx-xxx-xxxx or any other format?
    Formatting is stored in:
    /System/Library/Frameworks/AddressBookUI.framework/ABPhoneFormats.plist
    Download this file from your phone. The file is stored in binary format -- Windows users can open it with XMLSpear (choose XMLSpear v2.30 stand alone for Windows) . Now open the ABPhoneFormats.plist file. Change the formatting under US to look like you want (if you find your region in the file, just copy from your region to the US and overwrite). When you are done changing formatting, save the file and upload it to the iphone in same directory you found it.

but how do i edit the .plist file, i have opened it with text edit but there is so much data i cant find what i need! I am an apple user too
    Last edited by [email protected]; 09-26-2007 at 11:59 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost