+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Forcing custom DNS on JB'd iPhone 3.1.2

is a discussion within the

OS X Specific Modding Discussion

forums, a part of the

Computer Modding Software

section;
Has anyone had any luck with this? Details are sparse from google queries and it appears as though while this was more possible in the past it is less so
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Forcing custom DNS on JB'd iPhone 3.1.2
    Has anyone had any luck with this? Details are sparse from google queries and it appears as though while this was more possible in the past it is less so now.

I was curious about using the new Google Public DNS (for the curious: 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4) on my iPhone... for speed and irony, but resolv.conf is just a symlink to a dead end and generating your own doesn't appear to be read.

There's some app you can /purchase/ called NetInfo on the appstore that advertises the ability to /temporarily/ modify DNS settings over the cellular networks (it's easy enough over wifi), but there are reports that it's sketchy and I'm looking for a more permanent... resolution... to the issue (;

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

TIA

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Nothing at all?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I've been trying to figure this out as well.... mobile safari seems to ignore resolv.conf, nslookup uses it.

Reason i'd like to change celular dns is Rogers redirects unknown domains to its stupid search page. Any one have any ideas?