Hello. I haven't posted here before, but I'm having an issue and I can't seem to solve it myself. If this was discussed somewhere else, please just link me to the thread. Thanks.

Some info: iPhone 3GS running 3.0.1, jail broke it with redsn0w, have OpenSSH, using iTunes 9 (in retrospection, this might have been a mistake, Idk)

There was some sort of "cannot read/write" error when I synced it to itunes late last night, and when I reconnected it and looked at the memory, it said I had 15 GBs of "other", and no music. I rebooted it a number of times; no good. I could restore it, but for obvious reasons I'd really rather not.

Bottom line: In Fugu, when I go to var/root/media, looking for my itunes music, there's nothing there, and I have no idea where else to look so that I can take off my "other" stuff (I assume that's my music but... mislabeled on my phone, for lack of a better term), stick the music back on through itunes and move on with my life.

Does anyone know where I might be able to find the 15 GBs of "other" and get it off my phone?

And, just out of curiosity, has this happened to anyone else? I did some Googling earlier this morning, but I just found one blog post about it and they just restored their phone. As I understood it, his phone wasn't even jailbroken, so it makes me wonder if this is an issue from apple or just a sad, rare occurrence that can happen with anyones phone, jailbroken or otherwise.

In any case, thank you for reading and responding! And like I mentioned before, if info is out there related to this, please just link me.